Artificial Intelligence and robots are going to replace most of the jobs we know today.
Red & Yellow is the business school where talented people go to develop the career skills they need to thrive in this digital world.
We believe creative thinking is the most important skill of the future and it must be supported by uniquely human abilities such as leadership, adaptability and social intelligence.
We are a Creative School of Business that provides you with the commercial logic to grow successful organisations and more importantly the creative magic to set them apart.
We are teaching the great creators, inventors, leaders and entrepreneurs for the 21st Century.
We will be the most creative business school in the world.
Our mandate, as educators, is to prepare students for career success in the future, not the past. This single-minded purpose is why we exist, and what continues to drive and inspire us 20+ years later.
Right now, we’re focused on equipping humans for the 21st Century realities, and the exciting opportunities that’ll arise from the digital explosion and ever-increasing pervasiveness of technology.
How we do this and what we believe in/ethos:
- Teaching VS learning: Education is most valuable when it combines knowledge with practical skills and essential human traits - like creative thinking, negotiation, and empathy - that are becoming increasingly important differentiators and key contributors to career ‘success vs survival
- Real-life ready: we update our content constantly to ensure learnings are aligned not only with current industry needs and reality, but also shifts, trends and changes in the world at large
- Industry relevance: we are in constant partnership with industry leaders as to gaps, needs and opportunities for the workforce of the future
- Meaningful learning/highly employable: Every student, regardless of who they are and what they are studying, must have an enjoyable experience and come out with the essential combo of knowledge and know-how
- Intention to make a real difference/add value: to produce highly-employable graduates who have the competitive edge over their peers, the ability to fast-track their careers, and hopefully become the great creators, leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs of the future
- Private institution: which means we’re not only more agile and responsive, but also less affected by political upheavals (like protests and mass action)
- Designed for the 21st Century: focused on preparing humans for amazing careers in the spaces robots can’t invade
- Lifelong learning is non-negotiable: we cater for everyone, with a range of learning experiences
- School-leavers: Degrees, diplomas and certificates that graduates are highly-employable and have an edge over their peers
- Working professionals: upskilling with online short courses and workshops
- Corporates: focused programmes tailored to address both developing the most productive workforce and satisfying B-BBEE requirements.
These 7 values define us, guide us, and keep us - and our school - one step ahead.
- Relentlessly Curious: Like a sponge, we don't read and listen and ask questions so we can get ahead, we do it because we can't help ourselves. We just want to know more, about everything, all the time
- Proudly Persistent: We set high standards for ourselves and our school and we have the grit and determination to achieve these goals. When adversity comes our way, we face it head on
- Constructively Challenging: We question everything not accepting anything as a given. We speak and act with respect and intelligence when challenging the status quo
- Kindly Respectful: We treat our fellow humans the way we would like to be treated, with goodness and compassion. While we may not agree with their point of view, provided it doesn't hurt anyone, we respect and encourage their right to have it
- Boundlessly Creative: New ideas are our lifeblood. We have to be always innovating, always improving and always growing and evolving ourselves, our students and our business school
- Excitedly Accountable: We stand up and we want to lead, we pursue the greater good and we get our work done. People can rely on us to deliver to the best of our ability, every time
- Intelligently Humble: Egos get in the way. We know we are mere pedestrians in the global village of knowledge and ideas and are always grateful when someone teaches us something new