The Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs offers recognized qualifications, professional status, career advice, professional development, and guidance to secure employment. We welcome Students and Members of all ages, nationalities, and varying levels of experience. As the professional body for Legal Secretaries and PAs, ILSPA enables people to have rewarding careers in law in the UK and around the world.
Whether you would like to become a Legal Secretary or advance your legal career, we are here to support you.
Our Legal Secretary courses are very popular and widely recognized by law firms and legal recruiters. We offer excellent benefits through Membership and our Legal Secretary Jobs Board is a hub for Legal Secretary vacancies.
Our team consists of dedicated people who are passionate about their work. From legal professionals to our admin staff, we aim to be of service to whatever stage you are at in your career. ILSPA includes Students and Members of all ages, nationalities, and varying levels of experience. As well as being situated in the UK, they come from countries in Europe, America, Asia, Africa, and Oceania. We welcome a wide diversity of people to our Institute and always have the best interests of our Students and Members at heart.
- To provide for the needs of trainee and experienced Legal Secretaries and PAs
- To award recognised qualifications which enable people to start or advance their careers
- To offer career advice to people from a wide range of backgrounds and varying levels of experience
- To encourage Members to advance their knowledge and skills through professional development
- To keep our Members up to date with new laws and procedures
- To create awareness of the standards that are expected of Legal Secretaries and PAs
- To unite Legal Secretaries and PAs at all levels and make them feel like they are part of a community
The Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs was formed in 1990 by a group of like-minded legal professionals with the mission of promoting the excellence and professional recognition of Legal Secretaries and PAs.