Founded in 1887, Benedictine University is dedicated to the education of undergraduate and graduate students. Benedictine is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
Benedictine University provides a values-centered Liberal Arts education. Today, Benedictine enrolls nearly 10,000 students from all 50 states in the US and over 17 countries.
Why Benedictine University Online?
- Over 130 years of legacy of academic excellence
- Ranked among America's Top Colleges by "Forbes" Magazine
- 91% of current students report they are satisfied or very satisfied with their learning experience
Online Learning Experience at Benedictine
- 84% of students surveyed reported they found the online learning system easy to use
- Highly interactive learning experience designed to foster peer to peer and faculty relationships
- 24/7 access to courses and technical support
- Students earn the same degree certificate as on-campus peers
- Eight-week online course format cover the same content as on-campus
- No mandatory log-in times
- 94% of Benedictine online graduates said the program prepared them well for their current career
- 87% of online MBA graduates work full-time
- 84% of online MPH graduates work full or part-time
- 96.6% of online MSN graduates work full or part-time
*All student survey statistics from Benedictine University's Spring 2014 online alumni survey.
Support Services for Online Students
- Program Managers – help students complete their applications and assist in compiling their admissions file. They also walk students through orientation after acceptance.
- Student Services and Academic Advising – assist with registration, help with course selection, go over graduation requirements, and are there for any questions students have along the way.
- Smarthinking Tutoring – Benedictine partners with Smarthinking, the leader in on-demand student tutoring services.
- Faculty Office Hours – a number of faculty offer weekly office hours to answer any questions students may have.
- IT Support – Benedictine offers 24/7 technology support.
- Library – all online students have access to the library at Benedictine that offers virtual research and reference materials, interlibrary loan, live chat and more.
- Professional Development – the career services team is available to help all online students with services such as resume review, mock interviews, alumni networking, career fairs, skype office hours, career assessments, career counseling and more.
- Financial Aid – Financial Aid counselors can help with applying for federal aid, identifying scholarships and loan opportunities and budgeting assistance.