A cutting-edge degree from an accounting powerhouse, completely online.
The University of Illinois, consistently ranked among the nation's top three accounting programs, now offers a full Master of Accountancy program, completely online and very affordable.
Taught by some of the best accountancy faculty in the world, the iMSA offers hands-on practice, an innovative curriculum that evolves as the profession evolves, and cutting-edge analytics.
Who is this degree for:
The iMSA is open to students of all academic backgrounds. It is suited for people already working in the field and for those who intend to enter the field for the first time.
Exceptional Quality at a Manageable Cost
The University of Illinois, in partnership with Coursera, designed the iMSA program to make quality education accessible and attractive to a wide range of top talent. Tuition will be $850 per credit hour and the total price of the program will be ~ $30,000.
Courses are delivered in two segments: The first segment, a self-paced MOOC from Coursera, is via video lectures, with readings and quizzes. It features the same faculty you’ll work with if you move to the second segment, which consists of weekly live global classrooms that are engaging, interactive, and practice-oriented. You’ll work with accounting professionals and fellow students, create presentations, and practice and discuss what you learn.
Some of the projects you'll do...
- Financial Reporting: Learners will assess the validity and completeness of a publicly-traded corporation’s financial statements and disclosures of key risks, and analyze the corporation’s potential for future financial success.
- Managerial Accounting and Control: Learners will role-play as managers and identify relevant information, analyze costs and profits, and use information management tools to make a strategic business decision involving uncertainty.
The degree experience is...
- 100% ONLINE: The same courses you’ll find on campus, with the flexibility to learn when and where you want.
- INTERACTIVE: Collaborate with a global network of industry-leading classmates, instructors, and alumni.
- ENGAGING: Innovative courses with lectures from some of the world’s best instructors and hands-on projects.
- CAREER-FOCUSED: Practical courses designed to help you master skills that you can start applying to your career right away
When you graduate, you’ll be
- A highly sought-after candidate in the field
- Proficient and knowledgeable in audit, financial reporting, tax, and in managing and analyzing data
- Valued for your skills in data analytics, communications, and teamwork
- Poised for a successful career in accountancy
Applicants for the degree program must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in any academic discipline from an accredited institution in the United States or the international equivalent to a US bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum academic background in business, with one course in business management and at least one in principles of accounting.
- The recommended undergraduate GPA is 3.0/4.0, or the US equivalent, from the final two years of undergraduate study.
- GMAT or GRE scores are required but may be waived if you demonstrate sufficient, relevant work experience. To be considered for a waiver, you must have at least three years of full-time professional experience, with demonstrated career progression. To apply for a waiver, please fill out and submit this form.
- All applicants whose native language is not English must take the Internet-Based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test. For information on the university English proficiency requirement, go to www.grad.illinois.edu/admissions/instructions/04c. International applicants must submit an official TOEFL or IELTS score to the Illinois iMSA. You may be exempt from providing a TOEFL or IELTS score if you meet one of the criteria listed here: http://www.grad.illinois.edu/admissions/apply/exemptcountries
About University of Illinois
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is an accounting powerhouse. Our alumni have gone on to become world-renowned founders of businesses, CEOs, CFOs, world leaders, and more.
We have more than 60,000 living alumni worldwide in the College of Business, and over 450,000 influential University of Illinois alumni across the globe, enabling you to network and leverage career opportunities globally.
The Department of Accountancy, home of the iMSA, has been ranked #1 by both the BYU’s Accounting Faculty Research Rankings and UT Dallas Top Business Schools based on Research Contributions Rankings.
Program taught in: