This is a special course for students who are working and studying at the same time. It is a self-paced course about Static Equipment. The course is suitable for engineering or science graduates who wish to become familiar with the engineering principles involved in the design of the static equipment.
This course is proving popular within process industry companies wishing to introduce graduates to all aspects of static equipment. The workload is lower to accommodate the work/learn situation of the student. The student is expected to work at the material one hour per day, 5 days a week. There is a Course Tutor available to facilitate online discussion and to assess the final project.
If you are looking for an in-depth course on static equipment, you may consider the 4-part course about Static Equipment held by InIPED.
This course consists of some study material in pdf and multiple-choice tests. During the last five weeks of the course, a small project is carried out.
To be certified by the University of San Jorge it is required to do an internship while taking this Diploma.
If not, it will be certified by the International Institute of Plant Engineering and Design.
What you'll learn
- Weeks 1-2: Static Equipment Introduction: Part I
- Weeks 3-4: Static Equipment Introduction: Part II
- Weeks 5-6: Pressure Vessels: Internal Pressure
- Weeks 7-8: Pressure Vessels: External Pressure
- Weeks 9-10: Pressure Vessels: Nozzle Design
- Weeks 11-12: Shell & Tube Heat Exchangers: General info
- Weeks 13-14: Shell & Tube Heat Exchangers: Design
- Weeks 15-16: Legs, Saddles, Skirts
- Weeks 17-18: Storage Tanks
- Weeks 19-20: Interconnections
- Weeks 21-25: Final Project
- University degree, preferably (but not exclusively) in engineering/science.
- Or be at least 25 years old and prove at least three years of experience in the field of the Diploma.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 20, 2018