This 13-week SHRM Learning System Course is designed to prepare participants for the PHR and SPHR certification examinations administered by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). You can use this course to gain in-depth knowledge of human resource management or to prepare for the HRCI exam. Computer-based testing is available May through June 2006 and November 1, 2006, thru January 15, 2007, at 250 testing sites worldwide.
The course is designed to provide you with an overview of key areas in HR management. The program contains six modules that correspond to the six functional areas defined by the human resource profession. The modules feature in-class instruction, application exercises, and a module test.
Who Should Attend:
This course is specifically designed for managers and staff with experience in general management or human resource management:
- HR professionals planning to take the PHR or SPHR certification exam
- PHR professionals seeking to "upgrade" their certification to SPHR
- Certified HR professionals needing credits for PHR/SPHR recertification
- HR practitioners seeking professional development to enhance or advance their careers
- Experienced managers who are new to the HR field
- Other mid-level managers pursuing career changes or promotions
- Individuals needing recertification credits
Six Key Benefits of Enrollment:
1. Develop specific competencies and decision-making skills through a practitioner-focused and competency-based curriculum.
2. Network and share 'real world' experiences with your classmates, and then apply what you learn to the workplace through the action-oriented curriculum.
3. Improve your test-taking skills with an expanded bank of nearly 1,500 test questions and the addition of more practice tests. Plus, you'll have access to the new SHRM Learning System ™ Resource Center, featuring HR updates, Webcasts, test-taking tips, related links, and eFlashcards that can be printed or downloaded to a PDA.
4. Prepare for career advancement opportunities.
5. Earn an MI Certificate in Human Resource Management as well as 3.9 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and a Certificate of Completion from SHRM upon completion of this course.
6. Cost-effective learning at our Rowan University and Mt. Laurel locations minimizes travel expenses.
Here's What You Will Learn:
Module One: Strategic management
Module Two: Workforce planning and employment
Module Three: Human resource development
Module Four: Compensation and benefits
Module Five: Employee and labor relations
Module Six: Occupational health, safety, and security
By attending this course you will earn 39 hours towards recertification. Because the HR field is constantly changing, HR professionals are challenged to stay abreast of key issues and increased demands. Certified professionals use recertification to demonstrate their currency and to maintain their professional edge. Note: Completion of this course does not constitute PHR/SPHR certification or guarantee that you will pass the exam.
Program taught in: