Who is the course for?
- Professionals who want to learn about the Microsoft Publisher.
- People who have an interest in the basics and features of the Publisher.
- This course is available to all learners, from all academic backgrounds.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hardcopy at a cost of £39 or in PDF format at a cost of £24.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support via email.
The Microsoft Publisher for Beginners course is a useful qualification to possess and would be beneficial for professions like the following positions:
- Administrative Assistant
- Office Manager.
Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: Opening Publisher
- Opening Publisher
- Opening Recent and Other Files
- Creating a New Publication Using a Template
- Creating a New Blank Publication
Module Three: Working with the Interface
- Understanding the Interface
- About Your Account and Feedback
- Editing Your Business Information
- Saving Files
- Using the Pages Pane
- Closing Files vs. Closing Publisher
Module Four: Your First Publication
- Adding Pictures
- Adding Text
- Adding Hyperlinks
- Adding Page Parts
- Adding Business Information
- Adding a New Page
Module Five: Working with Pictures
- Adding More Than One Picture at a Time
- Inserting a Picture Placeholder
- Swapping Pictures
- An Introduction to the Picture Tools Tab
- Adding a Picture Caption
- Resizing, Moving, and Deleting a Picture
Module Six: Basic Editing Tasks
- Selecting, Editing, and Deleting Text
- Using Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Using the Office Clipboard
- Using Undo and Redo
- Finding and Replacing Text
Module Seven: Formatting Fonts
- Changing Font Face and Size
- Changing Font Color
- Adding Font Enhancements
- Using the Font Dialog
- Clearing Formatting
Module Eight: Formatting Paragraphs
- Changing Spacing
- Setting the Alignment
- Indenting Text
- Adding Bullets and Numbering
- Using the Paragraph Dialog
- Applying Styles
Module Nine: Working with Objects
- Drawing Shapes
- An Introduction to the Drawing Tools Tab
- Using Shape Fill and Outline
- Aligning and Distributing Objects
- Inserting Tables
- Linking Text Boxes
Module Ten: Working with Pages
- Using Color and Font Schemes
- Choosing a Background
- Changing the Page Setup
- Working with the Header & Footer Options
- Moving, Renaming, and Deleting Pages
Module Eleven: Publishing Your Work
- Checking Your Spelling
- Printing or Previewing Your Publication
- Sharing Your Publication
- Saving for Photo Printing or a Commercial Printer
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
Program taught in: