Who is this course for?
- Individuals who are interested in Microsoft Project and are seeking to acquire knowledge about it.
- For individuals who are already working in project management and are looking forward to excelling at their workplace.
- This course is available to all learners, from all academic backgrounds.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at the cost of £39 or in PDF format at the cost of £24.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support via email.
The Microsoft Project for Beginners will be very beneficial and helpful, especially to the following professionals:
- Junior Project Manager.
- Project Assistant.
- Project Management Officer.
- Project Support.
Module One: Getting Started
- Workshop Objectives
Module Two: Opening and Closing Project
- Opening Project
- Understanding the Interface
- Creating a Blank Project
- Creating a Project from a Template
- Opening and Closing Files
- Closing Project
Module Three: Your First Project
- Creating a Basic Project
- Adding Tasks to Your Project
- Setting Constraints on Tasks
Module Four: Adding Tasks
- Understanding Key Terms
- Viewing Task Information
- Sorting and Filtering Tasks
- Understanding Task Indicators
Module Five: Advanced Task Operations
- Splitting Tasks
- Linking and Unlinking Tasks
- Creating Summary and Sub Tasks
- Creating Recurring Tasks
Module Six: Adding Resources
- Understanding Resources
- Adding Resources
- Viewing Resource Information
- Assigning Resources to Tasks
- Leveling Resources
Module Seven: Other Ways to View Project Information
- The Team Planner
- Important Task Views
- Important Resource Views
- Using the Tools Tabs
- Formatting the Timescale
Module Eight: Managing Your Project Status
- Creating a Baseline
- Updating Tasks
- Updating the Project
- About the Project Status Date
Module Nine: Updating and Tracking Your Progress
- Viewing the Critical Path
- Using Change Highlighting
- Using the Task Inspector Pane
Module Ten: Creating Reports
- Creating Basic Reports
- Creating a Visual Report
- Comparing Projects
Module Eleven: Adding the Finishing Touches
- Checking Your Spelling
- Using the Page Setup Dialog
- Printing a Project
- E-mailing a Project
- Creating a PDF
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
- Words from the Wise
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 7, 2018