Who is this course for?
- New users, beginners, and intermediates PowerPoint users can benefit from this course.
- This course would be ideal for individuals who wish to develop their skills of using Microsoft PowerPoint application.
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at the cost of £39 or in PDF format at the cost of £24.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support via email.
Microsoft PowerPoint for Beginners course is a useful qualification to possess and would be beneficial for these professions or career which are:
- Admin Assistant
- Office Manager.
- COURSE CURRICULUM
Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: Opening PowerPoint
- Opening PowerPoint
- Opening Recent and Other Files
- Creating a New Presentation Using a Template or Theme
- Creating a New Blank Presentation
Module Three: Working with the Interface
- Understanding the Interface
- About Your Account
- An Introduction to Backstage View
- Saving Files
- Closing Files vs. Closing PowerPoint
Module Four: Your First Presentation
- Adding Slides
- Using a Content Placeholder
- Adding Text
- Using the Slides Tab
Module Five: Working with Text
- Selecting, Editing, and Deleting Text
- Using Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Using the Office Clipboard
- Using Undo and Redo
- Finding and Replacing Text
Module Six: Formatting Text and Paragraphs
- Formatting Fonts
- Clearing Formatting
- Using the Font Dialog
- Adding Bullets and Numbering
- Using the Paragraph Dialog
Module Seven: Adding Pictures
- Inserting a Picture from a File or Online
- Adding Screenshots
- An Introduction to the Picture Tools Tab
- Resizing, Moving, and Deleting a Picture
Module Eight: Advanced Formatting Tasks
- Using the Format Painter
- Changing Slide Layout
- Changing the Theme and Variants
- Changing Slide Size
Module Nine: Working with Transitions and Animations
- Adding a Slide Transition
- Setting Slide Advance Options
- Adding a Basic Animation
- Using the Animation Painter
Module Ten: Setting Up Your Slide Show
- Previewing Your Slide Show
- Using the Set Up Show Dialog
- Recording a Narration
- Timing Your Show
- Hiding Slides
Module Eleven: Showtime!
- Our Top Five PowerPoint Tips
- Starting a Show
- About the In Show Tools
- Changing Your Pointer
- Switching to a Blank Screen
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
Program taught in:
See 365 more programs offered by John Academy »
Last updated June 7, 2018
This course is