Become an innovative leader in 6-sigma environments with the MicroMasters® Leadership and teamwork program in UPV's continuous improvement groups.
Master the knowledge and skills necessary to lead and participate effectively in improvement teams and continuous innovation in 6-sigma and lean manufacturing environments.
The MicroMasters program in leadership and teamwork for continuous innovation at the UPV is an advanced professional postgraduate course, equivalent to a semester of work in the Master in Lean Manufacturing at the UPV.
The MicroMasters program credential will allow you to prove that you know the main human resources management programs that encourage employee participation in continuous improvement and innovation, that you know how to use the main tools of group work to identify problems, find alternatives and prioritize them in an action plan and that you know your skills as a leader and your innovative capacity and have worked to develop them.
And if you want to continue your training in the subject, you can validate the MicroMasters program credential for 4 subjects (7 ECTS) of the Master in Lean Manufacturing at the UPV. The Master's degree is equivalent to 60 ECTS credits.
- Lean manufacturing / 6-sigma work environments are increasingly common in production.
- In these environments intermediate controls are needed that know how to manage teams in a participatory way, promoting continuous improvement and innovation.
- The MicroMasters program develops knowledge and skills necessary to work as Lean Champion in lean production teams, responsible for continuous improvement in 6-sigma environments, leader in continuous improvement and innovation and similar positions.
What you are going to learn
- The main human resources management programs for continuous improvement and innovation
- To use the main tools of group work to identify problems, look for alternatives and prioritize them in a plan of action
- To lead and manage teams in a participatory and motivating way
- To self-diagnose your leadership and innovation competencies
- To evaluate the leadership capacity and innovation in others
- How to implement process improvement groups
We will see the phases of process improvement, the characteristics of the ideal equipment and techniques for working problem solving groups.
- Participatory Management (High Involvement Work Practices)
We will define Participatory Management, we will discuss its implementation and the measurement of the degree of deployment of HIWP practices in companies.
- Leadership for middle management
Know the different styles of leadership, learn to be an effective leader and establish a personal plan to improve your skills.
- How to diagnose my innovation competencies
Learn to know your innovative skills and evaluate those of others by applying.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
Developed to advance in a career and that is born from the master's programs of the main universities, MicroMasters programs are a series of higher level courses recognized by companies for their real work relevance, and can accelerate a master's degree.
Details of the MicroMasters Program
How to get the MicroMasters program credential
You must approve and obtain a Verified Certificate of each course that integrates the MicroMasters program and approve the final project.
Use your credential to get to the next level
Master in Lean Manufacturing (in person)
Students who obtain the MicroMasters program credential can apply for admission to this face-to-face Master's and validation of the subjects of the MicroMasters program for 4 master's subjects ("Kaizen, the process of continuous improvement", "" Human resources in industrial plants "," Managerial skills for companies and professionals "and" Problem solving ") that total 7 ECTS credits and correspond to 21% of the teaching load of the Master.
- Average duration: 6-8 weeks per course.
- Effort: 4-5 hours per week, per course.
- Number of courses: 4 courses in the program
- Subject: Business and Management
- Institution: Universitat Politècnica de Valencia
- Credit of the offer of the institution: Universitat Politècnica de Valencia
- Spanish Language
- Video transcriptions: Spanish
- Price (USD): Originally $ 600 USD, now $ 540 USD for the entire program. You save $ 60 USD.
Program taught in: