Learn methods and techniques to test and verify software to advance your career as a software tester or software developer.
Software touches just about everything in our world today. Today’s consumers expect intuitive and reliable technology, and in an increasingly crowded marketplace, small missteps can trigger dissatisfaction and abandonment. Software testing addresses weaknesses in software development while building scalable development processes to ensure a best-in-class user experience. Learn the skills needed to excel as a Software Tester or Quality Assurance Engineer.
In this Software Testing and Verification MicroMasters program you will gain essential knowledge about software testing concepts and techniques and learn by delving into various software test cases and how they are documented. You will also learn how to plan, execute and manage software testing as well as software quality techniques for formal verification, which is used in mission-critical projects.
This program will be of benefit to Software Testers, Developers and Quality Assurance Engineers. It will provide career-changers with the skills to get an entry-level job in Software Testing and help advance Software Developers skills in unit testing.
- Career prospects for people with similar training include UX designer, web developer, software developer, information technology manager, data scientist, consultant, and research analyst. (UMSI 2015 Employment Report)
- It is estimated that there are 233,000 Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers and there will be 37,000 additional job openings for Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers (source: O*Net Online)
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer is ranked as one of the happiest jobs in America by Forbes (source: forbes.com)
What You'll Learn
- Software testing essential techniques and concepts
- Develop different types of software test cases
- Document test cases and the results of executing the test
- Manage software defects
- Conduct formal software verification
What is a MicroMasters Program?
Developed to advance a career and born from Master's programs of leading universities, MicroMasters programs are a series of higher-level courses recognized by companies for real job relevancy and may accelerate a Master's degree.
MicroMasters Program Details
How To Earn The MicroMasters Credential
Complete and successfully earn a Verified Certificate in all 3 courses.
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
Learners who successfully earn verified certificates for all of the courses in this MicroMasters program are eligible to transition into the Master’s program in Information Technology, with a specialization in Software Engineering, at the University of Maryland University College (UMUC). This program is fully online. Students will need to complete the application process to UMUC and meet all admission requirements for The Graduate School. For more information visit: https://www.umuc.edu/admissions/admission-requirements/graduate-admissions.cfm.
The Software Testing and Verification MicroMasters program certificate will count for 12 credits toward the full Master’s degree (36 credits are required for graduation with the MS in Information Technology degree with a specialization in Software Engineering).
- Average Length: 8 weeks per course
- Effort: 8-10 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 3 Courses in Program
- Subject: Computer Science, Engineering, Business & Management
- Institutions: University System of Maryland, UMUC
- Institution Offering Credit: UMUC
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $747 USD, now $672.30 USD for the entire program. You save $74.70 USD.
Program taught in: