Advance your career and help your organization succeed by developing the in-demand marketing skills needed in a digital world.
Over the next decade, marketing jobs are projected to grow faster than the average for all occupations. In this era of digital disruption, companies are increasingly focused on digital marketing, creating a heightened demand for a specialized skill set.
Marketing in a Digital World MicroMasters® program equips learners with the key concepts and practical skills to build a career in marketing in the digital age. Throughout the program, learners will engage in problem-solving and analytical thinking, gaining expertise in:
- Creating and sustaining a brand.
- Marketing through digital channels, such as social media.
- Consumption behavior across buying contexts.
- Marketing metrics.
- Digital brand engagement.
- Digital brand reputation management.
Participants in the Marketing in a Digital World MicroMasters® program can build on this program certificate and take advantage of the entry pathway into Curtin University’s online Master of Marketing degree program on edX. Subject to meeting Curtin’s entry requirements, you will receive credit for 25% of the degree program. Applications for the Master’s degree program are now open.
- Participants in this MicroMasters® program are equipping themselves for a rapidly evolving field. There is sustained demand for marketing specialists as mid-career employees seek to enhance their competitiveness in the job market.
- According to a 2016 CMO Survey, digital marketing is the leading skills gap in organizational marketing capabilities.
- This program is designed to accelerate the careers of Marketers, Digital Marketers, and Communication Professionals.
- Specialized marketing skills are in demand among software publishers, and professionals in business support services such as Accountants, Web Designers, and IT professionals.
What You'll Learn
- To manage an online brand and to optimize paid, earned and owned digital media assets for maximum impact.
- To develop hands-on skills in proactive and reactive corporate reputation management based on global public relations best practice.
- To examine brand management decisions including the strategies and tactics to build and manage brand equity.
- To understand and apply the fundamentals of consumer and buyer psychology essential to the development of effective marketing campaigns.
- To apply marketing strategies of segmentation, targeting, positioning, and differentiation within an online context.
What is a MicroMasters® Program?
Developed to advance a career and born from Master's programs of leading universities, MicroMasters® programs are a series of higher-level courses recognized by companies for real job relevancy and may accelerate a Master's degree.
MicroMasters® Program Details
How To Earn The MicroMasters® Credential
Complete, pass and earn a Verified Certificate in all five courses to receive your MicroMasters® program certificate.
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters® program certificate are eligible to apply for admission to Curtin University’s online Master of Marketing program on edX.
If a learner applies for admission to the Master of Marketing program from Curtin University and is accepted, the MicroMasters® program certificate will count towards 25% of the coursework required for graduation. The Master of Marketing is a 300 credit point qualification. If a learner applies and is accepted, the MicroMasters® program certificate will count towards 75 credits. This pathway to credit is also available for the on-campus version of Curtin’s Master of Marketing program.
- Average Length: 4-12 weeks per course
- Number Of Courses: 5 Courses in Program
- Subject: Communication, Business & Management
- Institutions: Curtin University
- Institution Offering Credit: Curtin University
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $795 USD, now $715.50 USD for the entire program. You save $79.50 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More