Learn the in-demand leadership skills needed to advance your career in international development.
Are you working in the development sector and looking to take the next step in your career?
International and community development aims to reduce poverty and improve the living standards, health and quality of life for those who need it most. As our world and the challenges we face become more complex, we need qualified and skilled professionals to lead across sectors and organizations.
Balancing theoretical knowledge with practical skills, the Leadership in Global Development MicroMasters program provides the strong technical and management skills you need to tackle the most demanding and complex challenges in global development. This program certificate will demonstrate that you have the advanced skills international development agencies are increasingly demanding from their leaders and managers.
Through each course, you will learn how to analyze and respond effectively to complicated problems in development, viewing them from a range of different perspectives, and how to be an adaptive leader. After gaining a verified certificate for each of the four prerequisite courses, pass the Capstone Assessment and be awarded the MicroMasters program certificate in Leadership in Global Development.
Build on this credential and apply for UQ’s exclusive one year Master of Leadership in Global Development program.
- Development industry representatives have expressed the need for professionals who have both the contextual knowledge and the leadership skills to manage increasingly complex problems.
- The demand for development professionals in the private sector is also increasing.
- This innovative and multidisciplinary credential will set you apart from an increasingly competitive job market.
- Exciting career opportunities are available with multilateral and bilateral aid agencies, aid contractors, government departments, non-government organizations and mining, and other private sector companies.
What You'll Learn
- An understanding of the prominent perspectives, trends, and challenges of leadership styles in development.
- Critical knowledge of the science, practice, and policy of sustainable pathways to development.
- Skills in adaptive development practice, in finding local solutions to complex problems, and for scaling those solutions to improve policy.
- The ability to apply critical reasoning to the analysis of development-related issues.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
Developed to advance a career and born from Master's programs of leading universities, MicroMasters programs are a series of higher-level courses recognized by companies for real job relevancy and may accelerate a Master's degree.
MicroMasters Program Details
How To Earn The MicroMasters Credential
Successfully complete and earn a Verified Certificate in all four courses and pass the final Capstone Assessment. The cost of the Capstone Assessment is USD $750.
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
Learners who have successfully earned the MicroMasters program certificate may be eligible to apply for the Master of Leadership in Global Development at The University of Queensland. Students must apply to UQ and meet all entry requirements for the Master of Leadership in Global Development program. Successful completion of the Leadership in Global Development MicroMasters program forms only part of the entry requirements.
- Average Length: 3-12 weeks per course
- Effort: 10-12 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 5 Courses in Program
- Subject: Humanities, Social Sciences, Business & Management, Environmental Studies, Science, Philosophy & Ethics
- Institutions: The University of Queensland
- Institution Offering Credit: The University of Queensland
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $1350 USD, now $1215 USD for the entire program. You save $135 USD.
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More