The IoT is leading a digital revolution for industries. Learn to design IoT solutions and guide cutting-edge IoT projects in your field.
The explosion of embedded and connected smart devices, systems, and technologies in our lives has created an opportunity to connect every ‘thing’ to the internet. The resultant data collection and connectivity has created efficiencies and solutions previously dreamt up only in science fiction stories.
This is disrupting and transforming every industry around the world.
This MicroMasters program will put you at the front of a digital revolution, where you can design problem-solving systems or guide cutting-edge IoT projects in your industry and area of expertise. Professionals from any field who want to leverage their existing business and/or technical knowledge across IoT-related functions in their workplace will learn exactly what IoT is, how it works, and how to harness its power to improve and streamline your business.
The program will show you the scope of the IoT, and reveal underlying principles and architecture of its networks, devices, programming, data, and security. You will learn how an idea can become a viable, workable IoT product and be able to generate your own IoT ideas and design and/or support their development.
Verified learners will be able to participate in regular live discussions with course lecturers, and remotely access real laboratory equipment for practical sessions. In addition, verified learners will be given access to Cisco Network Academy resources.
Curtin is ranked in the top 200 in the world for Electrical and Electronic Engineering has a 5-star QS rating and is ranked ERA 5 (the highest possible rating for Excellence in Research in Australia).
- IoT will affect most industries and business sectors - around 30% of tasks and up to 60% of occupations could be automated, and almost every occupation has the potential for partial automation (Source: McKinsey Global Institute).
- IoT is leading to the creation of new jobs, where people who understand and can leverage the IoT to create solutions will be greatly in demand.
- To remain competitive and successful in the digital economy, professionals should have an understanding of what the IoT is and how it can be used to create business solutions.
- This MicroMasters will also help learners to develop their analytical, creative, problem-solving and critical thinking skills, which are highly valued by employers across all fields.
What You'll Learn
- Generate IoT concepts and design IoT solutions within your area of expertise.
- Map out the process for an IoT solution, and identify the sensors and other devices required.
- Evaluate different infrastructure components and network systems, and design the basic network for your IoT ideas.
- Apply software solutions for different systems and Big Data to your concept designs, and appreciate how data is managed in the network.
- Identify and analyze IoT security and privacy risks, and concept design secure hardware and software.
- Produce a viable IoT concept design that solves a problem, is ready to prototype and test, and has an identified route to market.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
Developed to advance a career and born from Master's programs of leading universities, MicroMasters programs are a series of higher-level courses recognized by companies for real job relevancy and may accelerate a Master's degree.
MicroMasters Program Details
How To Earn The MicroMasters Credential
To be awarded the MicroMasters program certificate, learners must complete and successfully earn a Verified Certificate in all 6 IOT courses, including the IoT Capstone Project (priced at USD$599).
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
Successful completion of all six verified courses provides an entry pathway into either one of the following Master's programs:
- The Master of International Business and Entrepreneurship degree program at Curtin University. Subject to meeting Curtin's admission criteria, you will receive 100 credits (25%) towards the 400 credit Master of International Business and Entrepreneurship degree program.
- The Master of Engineering Science (Electrical Engineering) degree program at Curtin University. Please note that the Masters of Engineering Science also requires applicants to have a Bachelor of Engineering degree. Subject to meeting Curtin’s admission criteria, you will receive 100 credits (25%) towards the 400 credit Master of Engineering Science (Electrical Engineering) degree program.
- Average Length: 6-7 weeks per course
- Effort: 2-8 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 6 Courses in Program
- Subject: Computer Science
- Institutions: Curtin University
- Institution Offering Credit: Curtin University
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $1,294 USD, now $1,164.60 USD for the entire program. You save $129.40 USD.