Master the language of the international law community, including the rules and institutions, relevant to human rights, war, and foreign investment.
International Law is the law of the international community and in our globalized world, it is an expanding field and international politics cannot be understood today without some knowledge of the legal constraints bearing on it.
With this International Law MicroMasters Program, you’ll master the language and institutions of international law. The MicroMasters Program will give you a clear understanding of the ways by which international law exists as a legal order and bears on domestic governance (human rights), war (law of armed conflicts) and the economy (investment law). You’ll learn to decode international news from a legal perspective and to understand the legal rules at play in specific professional fields of international relations (diplomacy, humanitarian aid, NGOs...).
If you’re not a lawyer, you’ll become able to interact with professional lawyers in an articulate way.
If you already graduated in law, political sciences or international relations, you might even become interested in taking your credential to the next level and become an advanced master student at Louvain!
Your MicroMasters Credential will be worth 20 credits out of the 60 credits needed to complete the advanced master. 33% of study time saved!
- Career opportunities include Attorneys, political scientists, journalists, economists, activists, and NGO specialists.
- members of the armed forces, Civil servants, members of governmental and intergovernmental organizations, diplomats, embassy staff.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the legal rules at play in specific professional fields of international relations. (diplomacy, humanitarian aid, NGOs.)
- Make sound legal arguments in order to enhance claims based on international law and interact with professional lawyers in an articulate way.
- Decrypt international news from a legal perspective.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
Developed to advance a career and born from Master's programs of leading universities, MicroMasters programs are a series of higher-level courses recognized by companies for real job relevancy and may accelerate a Master's degree.
MicroMasters Program Details
How To Earn The MicroMasters Credential
Successfully earn a Verified Certificate in all four courses. We suggest you start with the International Law course, as it will provide you with the prerequisite knowledge useful to more easily take the following courses.
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
Study in Belgium (near Brussels)! Register in the (Residential) Advanced Master (LL.M.) in International Law.
Each MOOC in this MicroMasters program is worth 5 credits. Therefore the entire MicroMasters program is valued at 20 credits or 33% of the full residential master’s program. As this is a specialized master program, you need to be graduated in law (master in law), in international relations or in political sciences in order to apply to the advanced master.
- Average Length: 8-11 weeks per course
- Effort: 8-12 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 4 Courses in Program
- Subject: Law, Humanities
- Institutions: Université Catholique de Louvain
- Institution Offering Credit: Université Catholique de Louvain
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $600 USD, now $540 USD for the entire program. You save $60 USD.