Earn a valuable credential in international hospitality and tourism management from one of the world’s leading programs to advance your career.
The International Hospitality Management MicroMasters program offers a new way of nurturing talents for the dynamic global hospitality industry.
This program is designed to develop leaders for the global hospitality industry. You will gain in-depth knowledge about the luxury market, the latest technologies in the field, and the best marketing, human resources, and other important business practices.
You will learn through a blend of strategic perspectives and pragmatic implementation, problem identification and decision-making, as well as interdisciplinary theories and management applications.
If you want to further your education, your MicroMasters program certificate can fast track your study for the on-campus Master of Science in International Hospitality Management degree at a fraction of the cost.
- The demand for hospitality and tourism professionals is much higher than the supply. Tourism industry accounts for 313 million jobs in 2017, equivalent to 1 in 10 jobs in the global economy.
- Exciting career opportunities include brand managers, IT professionals, human capital experts, marketing executives, and consultants.
What You'll Learn
- Leadership skills and best practices for managing human resources.
- Integrated marketing management and strategies for the modern hospitality industry.
- Technologies and innovations in hospitality and beyond.
- Luxury product concepts, the power of luxury brands, and the evaluation of luxury experiences.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
Developed to advance a career and born from Master's programs of leading universities, MicroMasters programs are a series of higher-level courses recognized by companies for real job relevancy and may accelerate a Master's degree.
MicroMasters Program Details
How To Earn The MicroMasters Credential
Successfully complete and earn a Verified Certificate in four courses. (Note that all course prices are in USD.)
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters program certificate could apply for PolyU’s on-campus Master of Science in International Hospitality Management program. Once admitted, you will be able to transfer 9 of the 31 credits required to complete the full Master’s degree.
The Entrance Requirements for the Master of Science in International Hospitality Management at HKPolyU are as follows:
- A Bachelor's degree in the areas of hotel and tourism management, recreation and leisure management, business studies, management, accounting and finance, or other business and management related areas with industry work experience of not less than one year; OR
- A Bachelor's degree in areas other than those listed above, with current or past employment in the hotel and tourism industry for not less than one year; OR
- Equivalent professional qualifications may also be considered.
If the applicant is not a native speaker of English, and the Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification is awarded by an institution where the medium of instruction is not English, a minimum score of 80 (Internet-based) or 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); or an overall Band Score of at least 6 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is required.
- Average Length: 6 weeks per course
- Effort: 6-8 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 4 Courses in Program
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institutions: The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Institution Offering Credit: The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $792 USD, now $712.80 USD for the entire program. You save $79.20 USD.