Develop the skills as a leader to navigate and lead your organization to success by mastering complex challenges in today’s healthcare.
The Healthcare Administration MicroMasters program consists of 7 courses and a capstone exam. After completing, you can also apply to Doane University to complete your MBA online for approximately $10,500 (more details below).
The demand for skilled Healthcare Administrators is projected to grow 17 percent between 2016 and 2026,
The Healthcare Administration MicroMasters program will introduce learners to management and leadership frameworks, theories and case studies, specific to healthcare organizations. It will also prepare students with the skills to manage the complex issues inherent in healthcare systems and lead in the public health sector.
Learners will examine a variety of evidence-based methods to advocate for patients, families, and communities, as well as within healthcare organizations. They will also explore financial management techniques used to prepare budgets, develop financial forecasts, assess investment alternatives, and leverage capital structures all within the context of healthcare organizations and explore the healthcare system economic environment by taking on managerial roles.
- Healthcare Administration will allow learners to navigate and advance within a variety of healthcare settings.
- The Healthcare Industries’ need for Healthcare Administrators has an average yearly growth of 17% and career opportunities for highly trained Healthcare Administrators continue to rise. (source: www.bls.gov)
- A successful Healthcare Administrator possesses analytical, communication, interpersonal, leadership and technical skills, and is detail oriented.
- Career opportunities in healthcare for advancement as directors, managers, public health and healthcare industry leaders.
- Medical and Health Services Managers median salary in 2016 was $96,540 per year (source: www.bls.gov)
What You'll Learn
- How to use management and leadership frameworks, theories, and case studies to address complex issues in healthcare organizations
- Evidence-based methods for planning, organizing, leading and advocating for patients, families, and communities in the public health sector
- How to manage the economic environment in healthcare
- Financial Management techniques to prepare budgets, financial forecasts, assess investment alternatives, and leverage capital structures within healthcare organizations
- Evaluate the value of new healthcare delivery systems and interventions on the basis of quality, safety, efficiency and cost-effectiveness using accumulated data.
- Evaluate health policy as it applies to industry economics, needs demands and quality of care.
- Apply advocacy skills including quality of care, patients-rights, cultural competency, and preventative care.
- Demonstrate an understanding of healthcare system providers, financing, consumerism, past, and future trends and regulatory and legal framework.
- Apply leadership frameworks, skills, and functions of management in planning, organizing leadership and systems control.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
Developed to advance a career and born from Master's programs of leading universities, MicroMasters programs are a series of higher-level courses recognized by companies for real job relevancy and may accelerate a Master's degree.
MicroMasters Program Details
How To Earn The MicroMasters Program Certificate
Complete and successfully earn a Verified Certificate in all 7 Healthcare Administration MicroMasters courses, plus pass the comprehensive capstone exam.
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
Those who successfully complete a verified certificate in the MicroMasters program in Healthcare Administration may then apply to enroll in Doane University’s Master in Business Administration (MBA) program. If accepted, the MicroMaster’s program certificate will account for 9 credits out of the total of 30 credits for the full MBA degree.
The MBA program may be completed fully online and at the very affordable price of approximately $10,500. (This does not include the cost of the MicroMasters program verified certificate).
- Average Length: 1-5 weeks per course
- Effort: 5-10 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 8 Courses in Program
- Subject: Business & Management, Medicine, Law, Economics & Finance
- Institution: Doane University
- Institution Offering Credit: Doane University
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $1393 USD, now $1253.70 USD for the entire program. You save $139.30 USD.