Gain the critical thinking skills and knowledge needed to become a more effective decision maker.
Bias and error often contaminate perceptions and judgments, which guide and inform action and decision-making. Evidence-based management (EBM) involves the conscientious, explicit, and judicious use of research evidence to inform decision-making.
The Evidence-Based Management MicroMasters program will equip learners with a solid foundation of, knowledge and skills in evidence-based decision making, and provide applications to use this critical thinking in the areas of management, marketing, international business, technology, and project management.
This MicroMasters program is for those who want to enter a range of analyst roles and will also provide a pathway into a broad range of general and specialized coursework in Master’s programs in business and management offered by ANU.
- Exciting career opportunities as a consultant, business analyst, intelligence and policy analyst, management and organizational analyst, and more!
- By November 2019, the number of job openings for each of these positions is expected to average between 10,001 and 50,000 in Australia alone. (source: http://joboutlook.gov.au)
- The median salary for careers in this field range from $80,000 – 95,000 per year. (source: http://joboutlook.gov.au)
What You'll Learn
- Evaluate and reflect on evidence to inform decision making.
- Explore opportunities and novel solutions to challenges.
- Work effectively with others to resolve challenges.
- Adapt to complex and uncertain situations.
- Engage, inform and influence stakeholders.
- Incorporate the influence of a changing global environment.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior and make principled decisions.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
Developed to advance a career and born from Master's programs of leading universities, MicroMasters programs are a series of higher-level courses recognized by companies for real job relevancy and may accelerate a Master's degree.
MicroMasters Program Details
How To Earn The MicroMasters Credential
Successfully complete and earn a Verified Certificate in all seven evidence-based management courses.
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
Students who successfully complete the ANUx Evidence-Based Management MicroMasters program with a score of at least 70% in the final capstone exam will receive advanced standing for the following on-campus ANU programs:
- Master of Management
- Master of International Management
- Master of Marketing Management
- Master of Leadership
- Master of Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Master of Project Management
- Master of Business Information Systems
Students achieving a mark of 70% in the capstone exam will also be considered for entry to the ANU MBA if they also meet the experience requirement (5 years work experience including 3 years of documented management experience).
Students who are accepted into these programs will receive 24 units of credit (25% of the on-campus program). This is equivalent to four courses.
- Average Length: 2-12 weeks per course
- Effort: 8-10 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 8 Courses in Program
- Subject: Business & Management, Data Analysis & Statistics
- Institutions: Australian National University
- Institution Offering Credit: Australian National University
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $1192 USD, now $1072.80 USD for the entire program. You save $119.20 USD.