Learn about the key aspects of business, from finance to marketing, to advance or start your career in the business world.
In today’s job market, fundamental management, communication, and decision-making skills, as well as overall business acumen, continue to be of high value to employers.
In this intensive MicroMasters program, taught by one of the world’s leading academic business schools, you will learn how business works at a fundamental level, giving you the solid foundation you need to gain a competitive edge and boost your employability. Verified learners will have access to live cases, dedicated feedback and access to real-world industry insights.
You will learn the core concepts of accounting, marketing, finance, and organizational behavior. You will learn how to communicate effectively in a business setting and immerse yourself in the reality of the business world and how it works.
The skills obtained in this program will give you the confidence to move into a business role, take on more complex projects at work, or take the next step in your management career.
- Fundamental business training can help you secure your first significant business role, or take the next step in your management career.
- Employees in technical roles looking to bridge the gap to a management career will find their job prospects significantly enhanced by the MicroMasters.
- Job roles that would benefit include sales/marketing coordinator, office manager, executive assistant, customer representative, management trainee, and technician.
What You'll Learn
- How organizations work: from understanding processes to diagnosing problems and effecting change.
- How to communicate effectively in a business setting: understanding diverse audiences and building sound arguments.
- How to use financial information to make good business decisions: the fundamental concepts of financial accounting, financial valuation, and making savings and investment decisions.
- The role of marketing in creating value for consumers: understand how organizations can succeed by analyzing consumer behavior and acting on it.
MicroMasters Program Details
How To Earn The MicroMasters Credential
Complete and successfully earn a Verified Certificate in all six courses. To obtain the Verified Certificate for the courses you must successfully complete a final assessment for each of the 6 courses. It is recommended learners take Business Foundations and Business Communications before enrolling in the other courses in the program.
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
You can combine your MicroMasters credential with on-campus study at UBC Sauder to receive a UBC Master of Management Degree.
Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters Credential are eligible to apply for the Master of Management. Other eligibility and admission requirements apply - see the UBC Sauder website for further details.
Learners who have earned the MicroMasters Credential would be credited for 6 credits of the 31.5 credit Master of Management, and be able to complete the degree following only six months of study on campus compared to the regular nine-month program.
- Average Length: 6 weeks per course
- Effort: 3-5 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 6 Courses in Program
- Subject: Business & Management, Economics & Finance, Communication
- Institutions: University of British Columbia
- Institution Offering Credit: University of British Columbia
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $800 USD, now $720 USD for the entire program. You save $80 USD.