Learn how to harness the power of analytics to make better business decisions and advance your career.
Columbia’s MicroMasters program in Business Analytics will empower learners with the skills, insights, and understanding to improve business performance using data, statistical and quantitative analysis, and explanatory and predictive modeling to help make actionable decisions.
The curriculum is designed to provide learners with a series of courses that emphasizes the use of statistical analysis, computing tools, and mathematical models to predict the outcomes of various business decisions and identify the best implementation.
- The use of business analytics has grown exponentially in all areas, including healthcare, government, retail, e-commerce, media, manufacturing, and the service industry.
- The result is an increased need for employees with an analytical approach to management who can utilize data, understand statistical and quantitative models, and are able to make better data-driven business decisions.
- Career prospects include business analyst, business intelligence analyst, business development manager, market research analyst, marketing intelligence analyst, digital marketing manager, chief operating officer, strategist, and chief marketing officer.
- We also expect successful learners to gravitate toward start-up organizations.
What You'll Learn
- Apply methods, tools, and software for acquiring, managing/storing, and accessing structured and unstructured data
- Prepare data for statistical analysis, perform basic exploratory and descriptive analysis, and apply statistical techniques to analyze data
- Apply descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics to business modeling and decision-making
- Demonstrate orally, and in writing, the ability to explain complex analytical models and results
MicroMasters Program Details
How To Earn The MicroMasters Credential
Complete and earn a Verified Certificate in all four courses to receive your MicroMasters credential.
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
Successful learners with the MicroMasters program in Business Analytics will have an entryway to three Columbia Masters programs: MS in Management Science & Engineering (Engineering and Business School), MS in Operations Research (SEAS), MS in Marketing Science (CBS), and starting in fall 2018 MS in Business Analytics (Engineering and Business School). The MicroMasters credential will count toward 25% of the coursework required for graduation from the on-campus programs.
- Average Length: 12 weeks per course
- Effort: 8-10 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 4 Courses in Program
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institutions: Columbia University
- Institution Offering Credit: Columbia University
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $1476 USD, now $1328.40 USD for the entire program. You save $147.60 USD.