Learn how to transform big data into business insights and solutions as you learn essential data science skills and tools to advance your career.
Big data is changing the way businesses operate. Driven by a new scale of data collection that provides massive levels of information, businesses are now able to analyze and gather data insights to make better-informed decisions.
Data scientists and business analysts are in high-demand as companies look to use data to improve their business operations.
In this Big Data MicroMasters program, you will learn tools and analytical methods to use data for decision-making, collect and organize data at scale, and gain an understanding of how data analysis can help to inform change within organizations.
You’ll develop both the technical and computational skills that are in high demand across a range of industries. You’ll develop critical skills in programming for data science, computational thinking, algorithm design, big data fundamentals, and data-driven analysis, with plenty of opportunities to apply and explore your new learnings through a range of case studies.
- A McKinsey Global Institute study states that by 2018, the US will be facing a shortage of about 190,000 data scientists and 1.5 million managers and analysts who can understand and make decisions using Big Data. (Source: edureka!)
- A report by Glassdoor shows that the median salary for a Data Scientist is US$116,000. (Source: www.glassdoor.com)
- The average salaries for jobs with titles related to Big Data are Big Data Scientist, US$123,000, Lead Data Scientist, US$108,000, Data Scientist and Principal Data Scientist US$102,000. (Source: edureka!)
- Career prospects for people with data science skills and training include data scientist, data engineer, data architect, data administrator, data analyst, business analyst, data or analytics manager and business intelligence manager. (Source: edureka!)
What You'll Learn
- How to design algorithms
- Understand fundamental programming concepts including data abstraction, storage and structures
- Understand computational thinking which includes decomposition, pattern recognition and abstraction
- Data-driven problem and algorithm design for big data
- Interpretation of data representation and analysis
- Understand key mathematical concepts, including dimension reduction and Bayesian models
- How to use analytical tools such as R and Java
MicroMasters Program Details
How To Earn The MicroMasters Credential
Complete and successfully earn a Verified Certificate in all 4 Big Data courses plus the Capstone Project course.
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
The Big Data MicroMasters from AdelaideX provides a graduate-level foundation in data science. Learners who successfully complete the Big Data MicroMasters program and successfully gain admission to the Master of Data Science at the University of Adelaide will be granted 12 units of credit towards the Master’s program. The Big Data MicroMasters credential represents 25% of the Master of Data Science program, which requires 48 units of coursework to complete.
- Average Length: 6-10 weeks per course
- Effort: 8-10 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 5 Courses in Program
- Subject: Data Analysis & Statistics
- Institutions: University of Adelaide
- Institution Offering Credit: University of Adelaide
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): $150 per course
Program taught in: