The Piping Engineering and Design is a Master’s degree certified by University San Jorge (Spain) that lasts for one full-time academic year from October to July. It is comprised of 12 modules (24 weeks) followed by a 12-week final project. The program includes the most important topics related to piping engineerings such as piping components, materials, equipment, instrumentation, drafting, flexibility analysis and pipe routing.
If you are interested in seeing the whole picture of the piping engineering discipline, this is the right program to study. It can also be useful if you are already a piping engineer but want to demonstrate your knowledge and skill with a degree.
What you'll learn
- Week 1-2: Pipe components (I)
- Week 3-4: Pipe components (II)
- Week 5-6: Materials
- Week 7-8: Equipment
- Week 9-10: Instrumentation
- Week 11-12: CAD drafting 2D
- Week 13-14: P&ID interpretation
- Week 15-16: Plot plan and piping arrangement
- Week 17-18: Isometric and material take off
- Week 19-20: Mechanical, internal stress and flexibility analysis
- Week 21-22: Pipe routing rules
- Week 23-24: CAD systems 3D
- Final Project: (12 weeks)
During the program, some CAD tools are used to exemplify the topics discussed in the modules. The students work in teams of three members throughout all program. The assignments are based on real-life inputs and require the student team's to produce real-life outputs. That is, the students have to review diagrams, plans, specifications. And then the students have to produce calculations, drawings, simulations, etc.
The teams have the continuous support from the instructor through discussion forums and live web conferences with a webcam and shared screens. This interaction has proved to be very useful for the guidance of the students.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or science.
- Or be at least 25 years old and prove at least three years of experience in the field of piping engineering.
About the School
The International Institute of Plant Engineering and Design is established in February 2011 as a joint venture and has its administrative office in The Netherlands. The purpose and core business of th ... Read More