There is a worldwide need for research, optimization and use of new energy sources. Companies and individuals are increasingly demanding the development of new intelligent solutions to integrate the bioclimatic approach and ensure that energy efficiency is increased.
This situation, coupled with the increase of renewable energy worldwide, implies the need for specialized professionals and technicians with very specific training in the development of these projects. In response to this need, the IMF Business School and Camilo José Cela University developed this Master in Sustainability and Energy Efficiency.
The curriculum developed for this Master brings together the necessary tools to learn how to identify energy needs and propose the application of techniques for saving and efficient use of energy as well as integrate the knowledge acquired in the field of sustainability and energy efficiency.
By conducting this training you will acquire a high level of skills in sustainability and energy efficiency, in addition to:
- Analyze concepts and aspects related to energy issues: energy sources, energy technologies, uses and applications, environmental impact, etc.
- Apply the current legislation applicable to the generation, consumption and saving of energy
- Identify the energy needs and propose the application of saving techniques and use efficiency in: building, industrial sector, primary sector and transportation sector
- To establish the measures of saving and efficiency in the generation, distribution and transport of energy
- Generally perform the economic and financial management of energy efficiency projects
- Design, implement and develop the different models of Energy Efficiency Management Systems
- Integrate acquired knowledge
Bachelor's or equivalent professional experience
Professionals interested in specializing in or improving their knowledge in the area of sustainability and energy efficiency, developing the skills needed to master the legislation, fundamentals and management projects related to energy
Energy and Electrical System
- Energy: concepts, sources and uses
- Energy and climate change
- Savings and energy efficiency techniques
- Savings and energy efficiency plans
- Legislation in the energy sector
Types and Sources of Energy
- Rationale, classification and end-use
- Non-renewable energy
- Renewable energy
- Power Storage
Energy Efficiency in Buildings
- Introduction to sustainability
- Legislation applicable
- Energy demand
- Techniques of saving and energy efficient use in buildings
- Energy assessment in buildings and urban management
Energy Efficiency in the Industrial Sector
- Introduction to energy efficiency measures applicable to the industrial sector
- General techniques of saving and efficient use of energy in the industrial sector
- Specific techniques for saving and efficient energy use in the industrial sector
Energy Efficiency in the Primary Sector
- Introduction to the energy efficiency measures applicable to the agro-food sector
- General techniques of saving and efficient use of energy in the agro-food sector
- Specific techniques for saving and efficient use of energy in the agro-food sector
Energy Efficiency in the Transport Sector
- Transport sector. Energy and environmental aspects
- Urban and interurban mobility techniques
- Fuel and Vehicle Alternatives
Energy Efficiency in the Generation, Transportation and Distribution of Energy
- Generation of electric energy. Efficiency measures
- Transportation and distribution of electricity
- Energy model. Quality of supply and efficient use of electricity
Economic and Financial Management of Energy Efficiency Projects
- Incentives for savings and energy efficiency projects
- Analysis of the economic viability of investments
- Certification of energy management systems
- Other energy certification models
Basic, Intermediate, Intermediate or Advanced
The student can choose one of the four levels
The Master in Sustainability and Energy Efficiency offers a totally flexible methodology adapted to your needs, regardless of geographical location or availability of time.
E-Learning Methodology: All content will be available on the campus virtual campus 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, without any mandatory schedule so it becomes extremely flexible. In this way, it is easy to reconcile an active professional life with an excellent academic formation.
All contents are updated with great technical rigor, are easy to understand and have a clear practical vocation.
The IMF Business School offers its students:
- Personal tutorials (chat, phone, email)
- Discussion and discussion groups through forums and chats
- Self evaluation tests
- Case studies and documentation
- Virtual Library
The student can carry out, through the virtual campus, self-assessment exercises of each module of the training program to evaluate their knowledge of the contents.
Obtaining Master's degrees from the IMF Business School and the Master's degree from Camilo José Cela University is subject to passing a final exam.
The Course Tutors Panel is comprised primarily of corporate and academic professionals who can pass on to students real work experience and practical examples from their experience in business activity.
Download the programmatic content to know the Panel of Tutors.
At the end of our Master in Sustainability and Energy Efficiency will be prepared to exercise in areas of maximum strategic importance of the company, such as:
- Advisor on Energy and Environmental Policies
- Model Design of Management Systems and Energy Efficiency
- Energy Consultant and Application of Savings and Efficiency Measures
- Energy Efficiency Project Manager
Program taught in: