GENERAL PERSPECTIVE OF THE COURSE
Our Degree in Marketing has been created for those who want to acquire new skills, knowledge in Marketing, promoting solutions and proposals for management and marketing. The creative and strategic thinking of our course is at the forefront of marketing management, offering LSDM students the knowledge and understanding of marketing practices in business contexts. Its highly practical component will allow LSDM students to create a table of marketing management strategies, and analysis and evaluation processes and techniques.
Our Degree in Marketing prepares professionals for various areas of Marketing and Management, offering an advanced and comprehensive higher education, coordinated and supported by the most recent developments in the scientific and technological fields. The LSDM Degree in Marketing curriculum has been developed and divided into three distinct stages:
The first stage, which corresponds to the first year of our course, seeks to offer students the knowledge and understanding of concepts, tools and models, as well as the respective interrelationships in the main areas of marketing knowledge. At this stage, LSDM students are expected to be able to define business concepts and problems related to marketing management, as well as to apply research tools and methods. In general, the following capabilities will be developed:
- Deep understanding of the marketing concept, its scope and relevance nowadays;
- Integration and understanding of current management models, based on the DDA trilogy (Diagnosis, Decision, Action);
- Based on a solid diagnosis, identification of windows of opportunity;
- Diagnostic balance and marketing strategy;
- Calibration and decision making of strategies, articulating goals, segmentation, focus, positioning and marketing-mix;
- Action plans focused on execution principles, focused on the satisfaction of individuals and organizations, at the same time consistent with business and environmental objectives.
The second stage, which corresponds to the second year of our course, seeks to offer LSDM students the skills that will help them plan, direct and conclude projects applied to previously acquired knowledge. At this stage, LSDM students will develop research capabilities and will be able to create reports on data, ideas, conclusions and / or recommendations, prepare presentations with quality, use statistical tools to collect, analyze and interpret data, take advantage of opportunities to personal development, and experience new ideas and behaviors.
The third stage, which corresponds to the third year of our course, seeks to consolidate the knowledge acquired in the previous units of the course and progress with confidence, realism and entrepreneurial spirit. In this stage, LSDM students will develop their final project of course through these tasks:
- Flexibility: ability to manage different projects and perspectives;
- Confidence: faith in their own abilities and performance;
- Realism: make a quick assessment of your abilities;
- Entrepreneurship: ability to develop and sell an idea, product or service;
- Have an open mind and international thinking, developing a proactive behavior.
Our teaching staff is composed of qualified, reputed and experienced teachers. Besides the academic level of Doctorate, they present consolidated professional careers, interconnecting the academic component to the labor market.
LSDM students are accompanied weekly through a Tutor Center composed of a team of tutors specialized in Marketing, with Masters and several years of proven experience. Our Tutor Center is also available in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
Goals and professional outputs
Our Degree in Marketing is intended for students, professionals, managers and entrepreneurs with ambition or a consolidated career in the marketing industry. The students of our Degree in Marketing will have the opportunity to work in communication agencies, companies in different sales areas or to develop products or services, market studies, digital marketing and advertising, assuming the functions of marketing managers, creatives, managers of clients, business managers, among others.
Our Degree in Marketing is 100% online, created to learn in accordance with the availability of our students and without a fixed schedule. That is, LSDM students can define when or where they can access our content. Only the final assignments and specific presentations will be scheduled on a fixed schedule, which will be communicated in due time to LSDM students.
In about 30 months, LSDM students will have completed our Degree in Marketing accredited by the University for the Creative Arts (UCA), one of the best specialty universities in the United Kingdom.
Methods of teaching and learning adopted in this course:
- Taught in Spanish, English and Portuguese;
- Course consisting of 3 levels with a total of 26 curricular units;
- The contents of the units are asynchronous and are organized by weekly themes;
- You can access the contents whenever and wherever you want;
- Our Tutor Center acts as a support and interaction tool for our students;
- Online resources (such as conferences, seminars and discussions, tutorials and feedback sessions, forums, online discussion groups and practical exercises).