What Will I Learn?
Influence the people around you
Hold an audience of one, two, or two thousand
Think like someone with the credibility of deep experience
Choose your actions to emphasize your gravitas
Look the part
Choose what you say to give your ideas impact
Select how to speak so your words carry weight
- You won’t need anything before you start this course…
- But you will want to find some work and social situations to try out these methods as soon as you can.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is for you if you want to be taken seriously
- It is for you if you want others to trust your judgment
- It is for you if you notice people switch off when you speak
- …but it is not for people who want to be the life and soul of the party, the class clown or be constantly trying hard to dominate
- Instead, it is for you, if you want to dominate quietly, without seeming to try.
Assessment & Certification:
At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful. After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to buy an internationally recognized Accredited Certificate of Achievement from iStudy. You can however also buy a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test.
Introduction: What is this gravitas thing? And so what?
- Introduction How to Develop Gravitas
- What is Gravitas?
Step 1: How to Think - If you want people to listen, you substance
- The Importance of Attitude
- The Need for Knowledge
- The Role of Reliability
Step 2: How to Look - Fake it 'til you Become it. Stand and Move with Impact
- Presence: Space & Pace
- Posture: Square & Upright
- Poise: Stillness & Calm
- Polish: Style & Presentation
Step 3: How to Act: Be the Person People want to Trust
- The Right Motivation
- Projecting Confidence
- Pay Attention
Step 4: What to Say: Understand the things people want to listen to.
- Structure your Speaking
- Simplify the Subject
- Stick to Significance
- Select, Synthesise, Summarise
Step 5: How to Say it: Your Words will Matter when You Choose them with Care
- Say it with Questions
- Voice of Authority
- Choose your Vocabulary
- Pace of Delivery
What Will I Learn?
- Influence the people around you
- Project gravitas
- Hold an audience of one, two, or two thousand
- Think like someone with the credibility of deep experience
- Choose your actions to emphasize your gravitas
- Look the part
- Choose what you say to give your ideas impact
- Select how to speak so your words carry weight