Who is the course for?
- Professionals who have an experience in the Furniture Industry
- Anyone who has an interest in interior decorating and furniture restoration
- This course is available to all learners, from all academic backgrounds.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at the cost of £39 or in PDF format at the cost of £24.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support via email.
The Furniture Restoration Interior Decorating Course is a useful qualification to possess, and would be beneficial for the following careers:
- Design Professionals
- Furniture Designer
- Furniture Restorer
- Interior Designer.
Restoring Your Furniture
- WOOD FINISHING IN GENERAL
- PREPARATION OF NEW AND OLD SURFACES
- STAINS IN GENERAL
- FACTORY PREPARED STAINS
- WATER STAINS
- STAIN BRUSHING AND PROCEDURE
- PREPARING WOOD TO TAKE STAIN WITH EVEN COLOR EFFECT
- THE USE OF WOOD FILLERS
- VARNISH AND SHELLAC
- VARNISHING, RUBBING, POLISHING
- VARNISH DEFECTS AND THEIR CAUSES
Interior Design Fundamentals
- Define a Theme: Contemporary, Cottage, Eclectic, Southwest
- Budget Design for Your Living Room, Den or Family Room
- Budget Ideas for Kitchen Design
- Budget Bedroom Makeover
- Closet Cleanups
- Need a Home Office?
- Camouflage with Paint!
- Faux Finishes Are Hot – Bare Walls Are Not!
- Window Treatments
- Making the Most of Molding
- Fabulous Furniture Finds
- Decorate With Wallpaper
- Freehand or Stencil A Mural Makes the Wall!
- Accessorize – Funky Can Be Fun!
- Have Some Fun with Fabric!
Decorating House Interior
- HOW TO REARRANGE A ROOM
- HOW TO ANALYZE A ROOM AS PROFESSIONALS DO BEFORE YOU
- HOW TO CREATE A ROOM
- HOW TO DETERMINE CHARACTERS OF HANGINGS AND FURNITURES-COVERING FOR A GIVEN ROOM
- CANDLESTICKS, LAMPS, FIXTURES FOR GAS AND ELECTRICITY, AND SHADES
- WINDOW SHADES AND AWNINGS
- TREATMENT OF PICTURES AND PICTURE FRAMES
- TREATMENT OF PIANO CASES
- TREATMENT OF DINING-ROOM BUFFETS AND DRESSING-TABLES
- TREATMENT OF WORK TABLES, BIRD CAGES, DOG BASKETS AND FISH GLOBES
- TREATMENT OF FIREPLACES
- TREATMENT OF BATHROOMS
- PERIOD ROOMS
- PERIODS IN FURNITURE
- CONTINUATION OF PERIODS IN FURNITURE
- THE GOTHIC PERIOD
- THE RENAISSANCE
- FRENCH FURNITURE
- THE PERIODS OF THE THREE LOUIS
- THE MAHOGANY PERIOD
- THE COLONIAL PERIOD
- THE REVIVAL OF DIRECTOIRE AND EMPIRE FURNITURE
- THE VICTORIAN PERIOD
- PAINTED FURNITURE
- TREATMENT OF AN INEXPENSIVE BEDROOM
- TREATMENT OF A GUEST ROOM (Where economy is not an item of importance)
- A MODERN HOUSE IN WHICH GENUINE JACOBEAN FURNITURE IS APPROPRIATELY SET
- UNCONVENTIONAL BREAKFAST-ROOMS AND SPORTS BALCONIES
- TREATMENT OF A WOMAN’S DRESSING-ROOM
- THE TREATMENT OF CLOSETS
- TREATMENT OF A NARROW HALL
- TREATMENT OF A VERY SHADED LIVING-ROOM
- SERVANTS’ ROOMS
- THE BABY’S ROOMS: THE DAY ROOM, THE NIGHT ROOM
- ROOMS FOR THE ELDERLY
- A YOUNG GIRL’S ROOM
- THE YOUNG BOY’S ROOM
- TABLE DECORATION
- WHAT TO AVOID IN INTERIOR DECORATION: RULES FOR BEGINNERS
- FADS IN COLLECTING
- WEDGWOOD POTTERY; OLD AND MODERN
- ITALIAN POTTERY
- VENETIAN GLASS, OLD AND MODERN
Program taught in:
See 365 more programs offered by John Academy »
Last updated June 7, 2018
This course is