The French A Level Course continues from the content covered at GCSE Level and is aimed at promoting the acquisition of four essential skills: listening to, speaking, reading and writing the French language.
This A Level Course covers the new linear specification aiming for exams in May/June 2018 or later years.
The course covers the following 8 units:
- Unit 1: L’évolution de la société française
- Unit 2: La culture politique et artistique dans le monde français
- Unit 3: Literature choice: Albert Camus: L’étranger
- Unit 4: AS Listening, Reading and Translation
- Unit 5: L’lmmigration et la societé multiculturelle française
- Unit 6: L’Occupation et la Résistance
- Unit 7: Literature choice: Jean-Paul Sartre: Les mains sales
- Unit 8: Preparing for the A-level Examinations
Each lesson begins with a set of clearly stated objectives and an explanation of its place in the overall programme of study. Effective learning is encouraged through frequent activities and self-assessment questions. There are 17 Tutor-Marked Assignments (known as TMAs).
This course prepares students as private candidates so they can book their exams at a suitable exam centre on completion of their studies.
There is no Coursework in this syllabus.
We will admit Candidates for A Level Courses who have a minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade C and above. This should include French GCSE at grade C or above.