Executive MBA (EMBA)
The transformations undergone by the world today require a thorough analysis of the new competitive scenarios and the application of new business models. The growing volatility and complex global economies and their unquestionable interdependence place us in an environment characterized by uncertainty and ambiguity.
In this context, professionals must react quickly to changes and make decisions tailored to the new needs of the company, without parking value creation for stakeholders of the company.
The Executive MBA (EMBA) of OBS Business School stresses the strategic, international and innovative vision of business management, while anyone responsible for a business, or an area of the same organization, you must have a holistic view of the business, understanding that any strategic decision to align with the business strategy and do it in an innovative way.
The program is focused on developing the skills needed to lead a business project, an area of responsibility of the company or start their own business.
The Executive MBA (EMBA) It is specially designed for professionals who have extensive professional experience and want to expand their knowledge in addition to their current responsibilities areas. In short, professionals seeking a promotion by adding more value to their curriculum or who are thinking about a career change.
We finally emphasize a commitment to the course Final Project, which provides an opportunity for the participants to face the development of a Business Plan, with all the complexity associated with the launch of a business idea. This course is not exclusively focused on the creation of a company itself but allows the participant to have an open mind to new ideas for action that can be developed in your current job.
Some of the career options you can choose to, among others, are:
- Health sector
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Manufacturing industry
- Media companies and advertising
- Multinational companies
- Regulatory bodies
- Technology Sector
- Private banking
- Service sector
- Consulting firms
- Infrastructure Management
- Small and medium enterprises
- Multilateral institutions
- Non-governmental organizations
Objectives of the Executive MBA
What goals are going to get?
- Provide continued capacity development of relevant management skills.
- Facilitate an integrated and comprehensive view of general management and the role of the company in its wider environment. Knowing the global nature of business activity, differentiating responsibilities that develops every area of the company.
- Provide participants with a broad overview of the company, a concept of complex system a reality of constant change.
- Promote an attitude of initiative and active management.
- Acquire key knowledge and develop strategically essential skills of running business.
- Design strategies and innovation policies that improve business management and business efficiency.
- Formulate and implement growth strategies, adapting to the changing international business environment.
- Foster teamwork and involve all departments of a company in the management of business projects.
- Provide participants with a solid business training, stressing about the latest trends and developments of business management.
- Encourage the development and improvement of personal and managerial skills.
- Increase the ability of managers to make decisions in an increasingly complex and unstable environment.
- Enhance the capacity of detection, analysis and problem solving and entrepreneurship through the development of the business plan.
- Get a second accredited by the most reputable business school in Spain, EAE Business School, as ranked Merco (2014) and guaranteed qualification for a major public universities in Spain, the University of Barcelona (UB), with more than 560 year history.
Executive MBA Requirements
The fundamental goal of our admissions process is to ensure the suitability of candidates. All participants must get the most out of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop a long-term relationship with classmates, teachers and alumni.
These are the stages of the admission process:
- Prerequisites for admission
- Application for admission
- Personal interview
- Motivation letter
- Admissions Committee evaluation
Executive MBA Degree
People who pass the evaluation of the program and meet the academic requirements established by the UB, will be awarded the UB (University of Barcelona). In addition, all persons who pass the assessment will receive the degree of EAE Business School.
To obtain the degree of UB is necessary to have University Degree (Engineering Degree or Diploma). Failure to have a University Degree, once passed the different assessments, a diploma of university extension of UB is obtained.
Financial Aid Executive MBA
OBS offers candidates the scholarship program to promote continuing education for professionals, entrepreneurs and managers. To apply for one of these grants, which fund part of the program, candidates must be admitted to the program and meet the specified requirements.
The Admissions and Scholarship Committee will assess the adequacy of the profile and the career of the candidates, the reasons given in the letter of scholarship application and the candidate's professional and academic recommendations.
This school offers programs in: