Focused on modern-day marketing and brand management principles that are grounded in a strong South African context, this 10-week course equips individuals with a solid foundation in the fundamentals of marketing, strategy and brand management; teaching them how to make strategic decisions based on customer insights and actual needs – rather than internal organisational sentiment – which then inform an effective overarching strategy that will resonate with consumers.
Not your average, boring regurgitated version of a textbook – this course is a real-world immersion in marketing with loads of case studies that bring the theory to life.
Bringing the best of the real world to online learning
Online learning offers many benefits – leading the pack are time-flexibility, convenience and choice. But, at times, it can also feel a little lonely and impersonal. So, to address this, and add loads more value, we’re on a mission to transform ‘online learning’ into more of a ‘virtual classroom’ experience – with all of the networking opportunities, human interactions and exposure to real, live lecturers and subject experts.
These weekly lectures can be attended on our beautiful campus, live streamed or watched later when convenient for you.
Real humans have your back
There is a team of real, live people (not bots) dedicated to getting students over the finish line, and ensuring they have the best, most value-adding learning experience.
Our Course Coordination team provides motivational cheerleading and resolves operational issues. And our knowledgeable team of lecturers, Instructional Designers and experts are always available for more subject-specific questions. Plus, each of our students is assigned a Personal Learning Coach to ensure you live up to your full potential.
An incredible, different-from-the-norm learning experience that combines the benefits of ‘online’ with the value of ‘real world’.
A certificate from Red & Yellow is a ‘‘guarantee of competency” that you have the industry-relevant knowledge, the practical know-how to implement, and the human skills so essential in the future.
This course is perfect for:
Anyone who wants to move into a marketing position or has to work with, and understand marketing teams:
- Individuals who want to enter the world of marketing
- Businesses who want to equip young marketers with the know-how to be effective
- Entrepreneurs who want to take their business to the next level, but need to master marketing skills to expand the customer base
- Anyone in aligned areas like PR, sales, and advertising, needing to understand marketing
- Young creatives and fresh grads looking to empower themselves and enter business with relevant, up-to-date marketing skills
This course consists of 8 comprehensive modules covering all the critical theory, together with assignments that not only ensure you embed the knowledge but can also learn how to apply and implement in real life. At the end of the course, you’ll be able to put together a solid marketing strategy, incorporating all the elements that need to be factored in to make it a success.
- Module 1: Introduction to Marketing
- Module 2: Market Analysis
- Module 3: Market Research and Consumer Behaviour
- Module 4: Customer-Driven Market Strategies
- Module 5: The Marketing Mix (Part 1)
- Module 6: The Marketing Mix (Part 2)
- Module 7: The Marketing Mix (Part 3)
- Module 8: Marketing Amplifiers
8 modules that will teach you:
- Understand the importance of value creation throughout the marketing process
- Understand the tactical and strategic role that marketing plays in achieving long-term business objectives
- Assess the strategic fit of your organisation by examining internal and external forces that influence success
- Appreciate the role that marketing research plays in identifying consumer needs and identifying effective research methodologies
- Understand the role of customer-driven marketing strategies
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the intertwined nature of the marketing mix elements
- Get a deeper understanding of the theory with relevant, up-to-date, local case studies that bring it to life
- Learn essential human skills that are going to become increasingly-important career differentiators in the AI-led 21st Century
- To qualify you need to meet the following requirements:
- The right attitude, a keen desire to succeed, and great communication skills (literacy, numeracy, comprehension).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 12, 2018