What Will I Learn?
- Know instantly which online crowdfunding platform will be most effective for your cause, project, charity, or situation in order to generate the most support possible in the least amount of time.
- Harness the emotional power of text, color, and imagery to win hearts, minds, and donations for your cause in your crowdfunding project description page to generate immediate action and support for your cause.
- Understand the best way to format and word your fundraising letters for massively effective email and social media campaigns.
- Develop an understanding of whom to ask for support as well as which days, times, months, are the BEST time to ask.
- Gain perspective and coping strategies for when times are slow and all seems to be lost, and learn how roadblocks can actually be a GOOD THING in generating more support and funding for your crowdfunding campaign.
- Maximize every dollar/euro donated with a full array of donor-boosting ideas to encourage supporters to open their wallets and give generously right away for your cause.
- Be versed in best practices for online fundraising success and know what to do before, during, and after your successful campaign has funded to make a continued impact.
- No special experience is necessary other than having a basic understanding of how computers, email, and the internet works. Of course, passion, a positive attitude, and a desire to make a difference are absolutely essential.
What Students Are Saying
“Inspiring! I love a course that backs up what they teach with real-world examples and this course does just that. Kristen’s experience with her own fund-raising efforts allows her to speak with authority about the various approaches to fund-raising online. If you are thinking about starting a fund-raising campaign to support a favorite cause, this course will certainly point you in the right direction.” -Deborah Wojcicki
I’m just one ordinary person that has been fortunate enough to also raise over $125,000+ for needy children in developing countries through my online grassroots project, Aura’s House as well as additional thousands for my University students through online crowdfunding platforms. My fundraising techniques are so simple, anyone can follow my crowdfunding formula and have similar results.
I’m an artist, a college professor, a mother, a wife, an expat navigating life in a foreign country, and an all-around busy person with A LOT on my plate and yet all of my fundraising activities have been done in my so-called spare time. My goal is to share what I’ve learned over the past decade about online fundraising and crowdfunding so that you can get started making an impact quickly, efficiently, and powerfully in just a few hours.
In this course, I share my very best tips and advice so that you can begin collecting donations right away for your loved one, community, or cause that you care about through a carefully planned and executed online crowdfunding campaign.
I’m a practicing award-winning multimedia artist and a former tenured Associate Professor of Digital Media and Program Director of Film & Digital Media at The American University of Rome (2006-2016). I’m currently a Visiting Associate Professor of Digital Media at the brand new American University of Myanmar in Yangon, Myanmar (Burma).
New bonus lectures and resources will continue to be added and friendly and supportive crowdfunding advice will be provided in the discussion forum. I love to help and always respond to inquiries and discussions ASAP.
Please Note: Students enrolled in ANY of my courses periodically receive freebies and discounts to my other current and upcoming courses as well.
You have a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee with no questions asked so you have nothing to lose. I make myself available so you will have access to me if you have questions or need specific feedback along the way.
Come and begin making positive change now by enrolling in this top crowdfunding course and join our growing learning community! Click the “Take This Course” button in the upper right corner and let’s get started generating support and donations for you and your cause today.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is for ordinary (amazing) people who want to raise funds online for a loved one, a sponsored child, a cause, or a charity they care about who have no formal experience and would like to learn how and where to start making an impact.
- This course will especially help anyone raising amounts $10,000 USD and under even if they have no experience, no mailing list, no following, etc.
Welcome to the Course
- Welcome! Introduction to This Crowdfunding Course
The Proof. Over 100K Raised Since 2004 for Charity and Causes.
- My website, Aura’s House. Over 10K Raised Each Year For Ten Years
- My Indiegogo Fundraising Success for my American University of Rome Students
- Friends’ Success With Kickstarter, Gofundme, and FirstGiving Crowdfunding Sites
Getting Your Mind Ready For Success
- It’s OK to Go It Alone, But There’s Strength in Numbers.
- How to Overcome Fear and Doubt to Cultivate a Positive Crowdfunding Mindset
Define Your Project, Your Goal, and Your Time Frame
- What is Your Project Exactly? Who Are You Trying to Help and Why Do They NEED It
- Choose a Winning Fundraising Goal. How Much to Raise and By When?
- We Needed The Money Yesterday! The Power of Urgency in Crowdfunding
Pick Your Poison: Which Online Crowdfunding Platform to Use
- A Rundown of Some Crowdfunding Platforms and Their Pros and Cons
- Fundraising From Your Own Website
Tips and Resources If You Plan to Fundraise From Your Own Website
- Teaming Up With Larger Non-Profits so you Can Offer Tax Deductions and Perks
- Collecting Online Donations. Paypal Donation Buttons Pros and Cons.
Building Your Project
- Writing the Text For Your Project. Choose Your Words Carefully
- Worth 1,000 Words: Choosing the Best Images For Your Crowdfunding Project
- Color is Key. What Works Best for Inspiring Trust and Confidence
- Adding a Video. Optional or Not?
- Be Trustworthy and Transparent. Mentioning Perks or Benefits to Potential Donors
Writing Your Fundraising Pitch Letter for Email and Social Media Campaigns
- How to Format the Fundraising Pitch Letter
- Modifying Your Pitch Letter for Social Media Platforms
- Updates and Second Letters
Whom to Ask For Help and When
- The FIRST People You need to Ask For Help
- The Next People to Ask
- Your Employer: How Using This Trick Can Double Your Donations Many Times Over
- WHEN is The Best Time to Ask
- Getting “Strangers” On Board
Riding the Wave of Momentum, Troubleshooting, and Overcoming Obstacles
- How to Surf a Wave of Crowdfunding Momentum Like a Boss
- How to Reignite Crowdfunding Momentum When It Slows or Stops
Donation Boosting Ideas
- Easy Ways to Maximize Donations
After Your Project Launches and Funds
- Plan B, Just In Case
- After You Are Successful -What Next?
More Resources and Conclusion
- Thanks For Taking This Course -Please Review!
Last updated March 12, 2018