What are the objectives of this course?
The course focuses on the service transition elements of the ITIL® framework. It will introduce students to the concepts behind designing service offerings, how to transition between the old and new models and how the service transition element fits into the wider ITIL® framework.
- Principles behind service transition, such as optimisation and inputs and outputs that need to be considered during the design phase.
- Processes that underpin the service transition project and the skills and techniques needed to properly assess and manage the transition.
- How to manage the human element of any IT service transition project, including stakeholder expectations and communications.
- Assessing organisational impact and changes throughout the service transition project.
- The technical implications of service transition with special consideration of the move from on-site to Cloud services.
- Considering the success factors and risks associated with service transition and how best to meet each.
Who is it intended for?
The course is for Chief Information Officers, Chief Technology Officers, Chief Operation Officers, IT Operations and Service Managers and Change Control Managers who are tasked to implement a new service delivery model for their organisation or provide hands-on resources for the new framework.
In order to take the Service Transition exam, you must have passed the ITIL® Foundation Examination. There are no pre-requisites to take the course but we recommend you have a good knowledge of service management and have taken the ITIL® Foundation course.
What marks this course apart?
Once the ST exam has been passed you will be able to undertake roles such as change manager, project support, service manager and IT operations managers. The course counts as three of the necessary 17 credits required to move onto the Managing Across the Lifecycle course which leads to the title of “ITIL® Expert”.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.