What are the objectives of this course?
The course will help IT professionals improve their knowledge of ITIL® Service Strategy and help them to understand the role of service strategy in the context of the ITIL® framework before diving into the specifics of strategy design and implementation.
- The principles behind good service design
- The processes they need to be built in to support and manage the service strategy
- Using IT frameworks to help improve governance and the impact of strategy on other business processes
- Building the team and assigning roles and responsibilities necessary to implement strategy
- Identifying and resolving issues that could prevent successful deployment of the new strategy
Who is it intended for?
The course is for anyone who has passed the ITIL® Foundation course and is a Service Manager, Chief Operation Officer, IT Operations Manager or Chief Information Officer who is responsible for defining and implementing a service strategy as part of wider IT and business goals, or anyone who is looking to understand how their service strategy is defined and managed.
In order to take the Service Strategy exam, you must have passed the ITIL® Foundation Examination. There are no pre-requisites to take the course but we recommend you have a good knowledge of service management and have taken the ITIL® Foundation course.
What marks this course apart?
Once the SS exam has been passed you will be able to undertake roles such as IT operations manager, IT strategy or business strategy consultant. The course counts as three of the necessary 17 credits required to move onto the Managing Across the Lifecycle course which leads to the title of “ITIL® Expert”.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
Program taught in: