What are the objectives of this course?
The course will take students through the principles involved in controlling systems and software release, protect IT service offerings as a whole more effectively and validate the outcomes of these types of projects.
- Using transition planning and support to develop simplify the process of moving to new processes and systems.
- Using change management techniques and technology to record system/service changes to gauge effectiveness and provide a rollback reference if required.
- Release and deployment management techniques to assist with incremental system updates.
- Change evaluation guidelines to help assess the impact (positive or negative) of new system changes.
- Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM), providing a centralized repository for the capture of system changes.
- Request fulfillment – delivery the changes demanded by service users and other factors.
- Service validation and testing routines to verify that frameworks and policies are working as expected.
- Knowledge management techniques and technology to ensure that valuable lessons are captured and shared with other key stakeholders.
Who is it intended for?
The course is for people who are looking to take the next step in their ITIL® Service Capability route having already passed their ITIL® Foundation Exam. The course is designed for IT managers in the release, operations or security fields but can also be utilized by security and database administrators.
In order to take the Release, Control, and Validation exam, you must have passed the ITIL® Foundation Examination. There are no pre-requisites to take the course but we recommend you have a good knowledge of service management and have taken the ITIL® Foundation course.
What marks this course apart?
Once the Release, Control, and Validation exam has been passed you will be able to function in roles such as security manager, security administrator and release manager. The course counts as four of the necessary 17 credits to move onto Managing Across the Lifecycle course which leads to the title of “ITIL® Expert”.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 17, 2018