What are the objectives of this course?
The ITIL® PPO course takes students through the practical application of PPO practices in order to enable capacity, availability, IT service continuity, information security and demand management while demonstrating how to implement them into a modern IT service.
- How to plan and provide sufficient capacity to support the changing needs of a business.
- How to specify and implement high availability systems to maintain service quality at all times.
- Using IT service continuity principles to maintain the quality of service as systems and frameworks transition.
- How to build frameworks and systems that help support demand management.
- Building a PPO team and assigning roles and responsibilities.
- Using technology to support PPO goals and services.
Who is it intended for?
The course suits students who are IT professionals, have their ITIL® Foundation Qualification and work in areas such as IT operations, network support, network control and operation, security manager and security administrator.
In order to take the Planning, Protection and Optimization exam, you must have passed the ITIL® Foundation Examination. There are no pre-requisites to take the course but we recommend you have a good knowledge of service management and have taken the ITIL® Foundation course.
What marks this course apart?
Once the Planning, Protection and Optimization exam has been passed you will be able to function in roles such as security manager, network support or change manager. The course counts as four of the necessary 17 credits to move onto Managing Across the Lifecycle course which leads to the title of “ITIL® Expert”.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
This school offers programs in: