What are the objectives of this course?
This course is developed to enhance and advance basic bookkeeping principles, moving students from an ICB Affiliate level of knowledge up to an Associate. The course covers:
- The importance of adhering to a set of ethical principles
- How and when it is appropriate to take action in the event of unethical behaviour in the workplace.
- The definition, and correct application, of specific terms including a business entity, going historical cost, consistency and prudence and accruals.
- The legal requirements and obligations involved in the process of forming a partnership
- How to understand and competently demonstrate different ways of processing VAT for both EU and non-EU transactions
- To understand the different types of VAT management systems including the VAT Margin Scheme.
- How to confidently prepare final accounts for most non-incorporated businesses.
Who is it intended for?
This course is an ideal next-level training option for anyone who has completed the ICB Affiliate Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping (or equivalent qualification) and wishes to expand their knowledge for even greater career opportunities.
Before enrolling in this course, candidates should have previously achieved the ICB Affiliate - Level II Certificate in Bookkeeping or an equivalent qualification with an accredited awarding governing body.
What marks this course apart?
Upon successful completion, students are fully prepared for the ICB Associate Level III Certificate in Bookkeeping and Account exam and once qualified, to work unsupervised in the role of employed or self-employed bookkeeper.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.