What are the objectives of this course?
Master fundamentals of PC hardware, networking, operating systems, troubleshooting and security with this training materials and live labs package. The live labs are an essential learning resource for students as it allows them to test their knowledge and skills in practice exercises and environments without the need to invest in a costly test lab of their own.
The course covers the full syllabus for CompTIA A+ 220-901 & 220-902:
- Introduction to PCs and IT certification
- Internal hardware components and how to expand hardware capabilities
- Storage fundamentals
- Use of peripheral devices and mobile devices
- Managing mobile devices
- Hardware and network troubleshooting
- Applying core concepts and protocols of networking such as IPv4, IPv6, DHCP and subnet mask to set up and support wired and wireless networks.
- Potential network connectivity issues and how to overcome them
- Introduction to operating systems
- Installing, configuring and managing traditional operating systems including Android, iOS, Windows, and Linux.
- Supporting and securing access to data by using authentication, access control and encryption for an organization.
- Utilizing the basics of virtualization, cloud computing, desktop imaging and deployment to support IT infrastructures.
- Troubleshooting and operational procedures
Who is it intended for?
CompTIA A+ is a vendor-neutral qualification and is seen as essential training for IT engineers, technicians and support analysts.
There are no pre-requisites to take the course. In order to be CompTIA A+ certified you must pass both exams.
What marks this course apart?
CompTIA A+ certified IT professionals can function in roles such as IT support technician, IT engineer and support analyst. The CompTIA A+ is also the entry-level course for the rest of the CompTIA Qualifications, meaning that upon completion you’ll be able to move onto the professional level depending on which specialty you wish to branch into.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
Program taught in: