What are the objectives of this course?
You will be familiarised with the most common Citrix technologies before being taken through advanced techniques involved in efficiently managing Citrix servers.
Citrix XenApp 7
- Troubleshooting the Citrix environment and resolving errors.
- Enabling and securing web access to published applications and content delivery only the tools users need to be productive.
- Deploying printers for use by remote desktop users.
- Managing performance and load to ensure a consistent user experience and to reduce resource bottlenecks.
- Configuring XenApp policies and sessions to protect applications and data from unauthorized access.
- The process of installing and licensing XenApp.
- Understanding the Citrix Architecture and how it is best deployed in an enterprise environment.
Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 Administration
- What virtualization is and how it can be used within a corporate context.
- The concepts behind desktop virtualization.
- How to plan and design a robust XenDesktop infrastructure that can grow and flex with changing business requirements.
- The importance of data and network redundancy to ensure consistently smooth operation for a good user experience.
- How to automate common XenDesktop tasks using the Powershell scripting language.
- Implementing and managing virtual servers and desktops using the HyperV hypervisor.
- The build, test and deploy approach to XenDesktop roll-outs and the tasks that need to be completed at each stage.
- Installing and administering Internet Formation Service to deploy virtual desktops over the web.
Citrix XenServer 6.2 Administration
- The fundamental principles behind virtual computing and the use of hypervisors to install and manage servers.
- An introduction to the Linux Operating System (OS), including installation in a virtual server environment and the tools required to manage the OS in a networked scenario.
- Configuring virtualized storage and networking to maximize availability and share data with authorized users.
- Using Powershell to configure virtual servers and networking services from the Linux command line environment.
- Building subnets to better manage network resources.
- Understanding the components and features common to XenServer systems and how they are configured for real-world deployment.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving processes and techniques to keep XenServer systems operating in peak condition.
Who is it intended for?
This package is designed for administrators and engineers as a cost-effective training solution to sharpen skills and gain a full understanding of the Citrix hosted desktop environment.
What marks this course apart?
Students who complete this package will have all the necessary knowledge required to complete the relevant examinations. They will also be able to function in roles such as desktop and network support technician, senior systems engineer and infrastructure architect.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 17, 2018