What are the objectives of this course?
This course teaches the fundamentals of IP technology implementations, before showing delegates how to boost security. The course also includes 12 months access to Live Labs where students will be able to practice every technique covered throughout the course. This dedicated hardware resource grants access to Cisco routers and switches that can be used to replicate and resolve real-world scenarios without the need to purchase and maintain labs of your own.
- Using the Cisco Router SDM security audit feature to identify unauthorised network resource usage.
- Locking down router security to prevent hackers from gaining access to key network resources.
- The Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting philosophy – key to implement security solutions that work.
- Using Access Control Lists to mitigate threats and minimise attack surfaces.
- Implementing stateful firewalls using Cisco IOS to identify and block low-level hacking attempts.
- Securing inter-site VPNs and data transfer using SDM on Cisco routers.
Who is it intended for?
This course bundle is for network managers, administrators and engineers responsible for implementing network security for small to medium businesses.
There are no pre-requisites to sit the course. In order to sit the CCNA Security exams, students must pass the CCNA exams.
What marks this course apart?
Candidates will be able to function in roles such as senior network engineer, security analyst and network security engineer.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
Program taught in: