What are the objectives of this course?
This course from CIW will teach students the basics of web authoring by exploring the essentials of web design.
The exam has a time limit of 75 minutes and 70 questions that must be answered. The pass mark for the course is 70%.
- Website development essentials – everything from the website development process and the standards customers expect, to legal and ethical issues surrounding web development.
- Understanding the importance of key web design elements: usability, navigation and accessibility.
- Basic, but modern, web technologies of today – Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), Extensible HTML (XHTML) and extended technologies, image files, site development applications and site publishing and maintenance.
- Advanced web technologies – multimedia, plug-in technology tools, web databases and client-side and server-side technologies.
- Navigation and use of web design production tools like Microsoft Expressions Web, Adobe Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Flash.
- Gain a thorough understanding of current issues relating to web design including website accessibility, compatibility of design tools and functionality of current web browsers.
Who is it intended for?
This qualification is designed for individuals with little to no prior experience, but it is also for web designers who just want industry-recognised proof of their skills.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
What marks this course apart?
Upon completing this qualification, students can function in roles such as web developer, web designer and web content specialist. It also goes hand-in-hand with further CIW qualifications that you may want to use to upskill and boost your employment prospects.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
Program taught in: