What are the objectives of this course?
The course will run students through the functions of Perl which is one of the original program languages and fully prepare them for their 1D0-437 exam. The examination has a time limit of 75 minutes, in which candidates have 50 questions to answer. In order to pass, you must achieve a minimum pass mark of 75%.
- Introduction to Perl
- The uses of the Perl interpreter and understand how to operate the interpreter.
- Understand the concepts of statements, loops, and Boolean expressions.
- Learn how to manipulate strings using regular expressions and store program data using arrays.
- Manipulate data with keys and use hashes to organize the data.
- Use subroutines to organize code to make it more logical and easier to debug.
- Implement object-orientated programming techniques using Perl.
- Debugging Perl.
- Basics of database programming
Who is it intended for?
This course is ideal for web developers, programmers and application developers who wish to build a knowledge of the Perl language.
There are no official pre-requisites for this course but we recommend candidates to have a basic knowledge of programming.
What marks this course apart?
Once students have completed the course and passed the exam they will be able to function in roles such as web developer, software developer and server developer. They can also take other programming courses which would go hand-in-hand with the Perl language.
What happens after requesting information?
Once you have enquired you will be contacted by one of our specialist careers advisors who will be able to provide you with any further information you require.
This school offers programs in: