Online CIW Self-study course. Students will learn about the theory of relational databases, relational database nomenclature, and relational algebra.
The course includes sections on Structured Query Language (SQL) and optimising databases through normalisation. You will apply your knowledge with hands-on labs designed to teach the intricacies of database design methodology.
- Qualification: CIW (Certified Internet Webmaster) Database Design Specialist
- Accredited: Yes
- QCF Recognised: Yes at level 3
- Awarding Body: CIW
- Start Date: Anytime - We enrol 365 days a year
- Duration: Flexible - Approx 100 Hours - 12 Months Max Support
- Credit Value: 10
CIW Database Design Specialist
The CIW Database Design Specialist course provides introductory vendor-neutral training for individuals planning to pursue product-focused database specialisation. This course introduces you to DB2, Oracle Database 11g, MS SQL and MySQL. You will also learn about Structured Query Language (SQL) and database optimisation through normalisation.
- Relational database fundamentals.
- Database planning.
- Database design methodology, including logical and physical database design.
- Optimisation and normalisation.
- Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Relational algebra.
- Transactions and database security.
Students looking to enrol in this course should meet the following criteria:
- Be aged 16 Years or above
- Possess a solid knowledge of the English language
- Have access to a PC running windows and the internet for the duration of the whole course - Not suitable for Mac
We recommend students have completed the CIW Web Foundations Associate course.
Course duration will vary dependant on student commitment, effort and ability. Overall guided learning hours are approx 100. This should be used as a guideline only and completion times will vary hugely.
We would encourage students to seriously consider how they plan to complete their chosen course prior to enrolment. Students should think about how they are going to study, where they are going to study and how often. Be realistic!
Speak to family members and help them to understand what you are trying to achieve, explain you may require peace and space to study at certain times. The more you involve them the more likely you are to get them on your side.
Students are reminded that the time in which they complete is purely down to them as an individual. Completion can be as quickly or as slowly as you wish within the 12 month support period. Please note: CIW does not provide students with additional time to complete. Extensions are not available for this course.
Students are able to complete their course purely online through the CIW student portal. This will be accompanied by course lessons issued in PDF format (Ebook). PDF is not printable
If you prefer you can choose to receive a hard copy of the course lessons/books via the post at an additional cost. Contact us for details.
Students can expect to receive access to the CIW portal via email within 3 working days of enrolment being received.
This school offers programs in: