Who is the course for?
- Professionals who are helping people through counseling and psychotherapy
- People who have the interest to learn about in counseling and psychotherapy
- This course is available to all learners, from all academic backgrounds.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at the cost of £39 or in PDF format at the cost of £24.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support via email.
The Counselling & Psychotherapy Course is a useful qualification to possess, and would be beneficial for the following careers:
- Career Coach
- Guidance Counsellors
- Life Coach
- What is Counselling?
- Purpose and Aims of Counselling
- Fields of Counselling
- Counselling Theories
- Skills Needed in Counselling
- Group Counselling
- Ethics in Counselling
- Conducting Sessions
- Introduction to Addiction Counselling
- Adlerian Psychology
- Behavioral Therapy
- Brief Therapy
- Role of Addiction Counsellor
- Goals and Objectives of Individual Drug Counseling
- Treatment Initiation
- Dealing With Problems That Arise
- Counsellor Characteristics and Training
- Addiction Counselling Basics
- Realize That You Need Help
- Realize the Importance of Selecting the Correct Treatment
- Work On Identifying the Source of Why You Have an Addiction
- Have an Open Mind
- Be Honest With Yourself and Others
- The Dangers of Not Getting Help When You Need It
Introduction to Psychotherapy
- What is Psychotherapy?
- Theories of Psychotherapy
- Structure of Personality
- MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy
- How Does Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Work?
- Why Is Emotion Regulation Important?
- Types Of Psychotherapies
- Gestalt Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Expressive Therapy
- Wrapping Up
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 7, 2018