Who is this course for?
- This course would be ideal wants to pursue a career in counseling.
- This course is available to all learners, from all academic backgrounds.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at the cost of £39 or in PDF format at the cost of £24.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognized accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support via email.
The Counselling Skills Course is a useful qualification to possess, and would be beneficial for the following professionals:
- Freelance Counsellor
- School Counsellor
- Rehabilitation Counsellor
- Marriage Counsellor
- Mental Health Care Worker
- Social Worker.
- What is Counselling?
- Purpose and Aims of Counselling
- Fields of Counselling
- Counselling Theories
- Skills Needed in Counselling
- Group Counselling
- Ethics in Counselling
- Conducting Sessions
- Introduction to Addiction Counselling
- Adlerian Psychology
- Behavioral Therapy
- Brief Therapy
- Role of Addiction Counsellor
- Goals and Objectives of Individual Drug Counseling
- Treatment Initiation
- Dealing With Problems That Arise
- Counsellor Characteristics and Training
- Addiction Counselling Basics
- Realize That You Need Help
- Realize the Importance of Selecting the Correct Treatment
- Work On Identifying the Source of Why You Have an Addiction
- Have an Open Mind
- Be Honest With Yourself and Others
- The Dangers of Not Getting Help When You Need It
Anger Management Counselling
- Introduction To Rage Relief
- Identifying To Prompt Rage
- How To Control Your Angry
- Benefits Of Meditation For Calmness
- Affirmations for Anger Management
- Healthy Habits For A Happy Life
Program taught in:
See 365 more programs offered by John Academy »
Last updated June 7, 2018
This course is