Why Learn Digital Marketing?
The marketing paradigm has transformed with the rise of digital technologies. Companies today face a constant proliferation of social media channels, the growing power of connected customers, and an explosion of new digital tools. To succeed, marketers must be able to plan, implement, and measure the impact of digital strategies that are suited to today's customers and integrated with their traditional marketing and business goals.
Of the world economy will be digital by 2020.Source: Digital Economic Value Index
Year-on-year growth for the digital marketing industry compared to 5-6% growth in other industriesSource: Your Story & KStart
Net loss of jobs by 2020 due to emerging technologies.Source: World Economic Forum
Your Learning Journey
- Module 1: From Mass Marketing To Customer Networks
- Module 2: The Digital Advertising Mix: Key Channels And Principles
- Module 3: Five Core Behaviors Of Customers In The Digital World
- Module 4: Access Strategy
- Module 5: Engage Strategy: Content Marketing, Utility, Messaging, and Brands as Publishers
- Module 6: Customize Strategy: Targeting, Personalization, and Marketing to a Segment of One
- Module 7: Connect Strategy: Social Media, Communities and the Power of Conversation
- Module 8: Collaborate Strategy: Crowdsourcing, Crowdfunding, and Open Platforms
- Module 9: Lessons From Brand Failures
- Module 10: Best Practices for Brands on Social Networks
- Module 11: Making Digital Matter: Metrics, ROI and Agile Modelling
- Module 12: Five-Step Process of Planning and Executing a Digital Marketing Strategy
- Module 13: Organizational Challenges of Digital Marketing
- Module 14: Six Faces of the (Near) Future of Digital Marketing
Faculty at Columbia Business School
David Rogers, a member of the faculty at Columbia Business School, is a globally-recognized leader on brands and digital business strategy, known for his pioneering model of customer networks. He is the author of four books, including "The Network Is Your Customer," and the forthcoming, "The Digital Transformation Playbook: Rethink Your Business to Adapt and Thrive in the Digital Age."
Past Participant Profile
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be awarded a verified digital certificate by EMERITUS, in collaboration with Columbia Business School Executive Education.
About the School
Our values define who we are, the people who we work with and the way we collaborate. They also encapsulate the behavior we seek in our students and alumni.