Bachelor of Commerce with a major in Human Resource Management will provide a solid basis to enable graduates to operate responsibly and successfully in roles that contribute to their organizations' performance.
The Milpark Education School of Commerce Bachelor of Commerce qualification has been rigorously developed to ensure market relevance and academic integrity. It is designed to provide graduates with the knowledge base, practical competence and application skills required to either enter the labor market or pursue further studies in this field.
The outcomes of the programme include demonstrating a functional knowledge of human resource management and demonstrate the functional knowledge of economics and business.
- Induction to Business Studies INDBS1-5 (0/5)
- Principles of Microeconomics PMIC02-5 (20/5)
- Principles of Accounting ACCP02-5 (20/5)
- Introduction to Business Management INBM02-5 (20/5)
- Global Corporate Citizenship 1GCCI02-5 (20/5)
- Economics 1B (Principles of Macroeconomics) ECON1B-6 (15/6)
- Accounting 1B ACC01B-6 ( 20/6)
- Business Law BLAW1B-6 (14/6)
- Managing People MAPE01-5 (20/5)
- Economics 2A ECON2A-6 (15/6)
- Business Management (Operations Management) BBAB201A (15/6)
- Human Resource Management 1 (Principles of Human Resource Management) HRMA1-6 (14/6)
- Business Management 2B ( Management and Leadership) BBAB201B (15/6)
- Marketing Management Practice PMAR01-6 (20/6)
- Workplace Relations WREL01-6 (15/6)
- Business Management 3A (General Management) BBAB310A (16/7)
- Economics 3A ECON31-7 (15/7)
- Entrepreneurship BBAENT301 (18/7)
- Organisational Development BBAHR301 (18/7)
- Leadership Development HRMA3B-7 (20/7)
- Business Research Methods BBAM301B (20/7)
Optional (Select 1):
- Economics 3B ECON3B-7 (20/7)
- Business Management 3C (International Business) BBAB301C (18/7)
A knowledge, comprehension, and application of the English language at NQF Level 4 (Grade 12 or equivalent level) is required.
Minimum system requirements:
- Reliable broadband Internet access
- Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome web browser
- Microsoft Word
- PDF Viewer
- Ability to scan and upload documents
- Email/Cellphone for notification and communication
WORKLOAD: CONTACT LEARNING & DISTANCE LEARNING STUDENTS
Milpark Education recommends:
- 4 modules per semester for Contact Learning students
- 3 modules per semester for Distance Learning students
Milpark Education provides students with materials, resources, formative assessments (including online tests and quizzes), discussion opportunities and a number of administrative services as part of the myMilpark and myCourses online tuition and support environments. Course materials contain links to additional external resources in the form of links to downloadable documents, websites, and videos.
Having access to the above online facilities is essential for effective communication, learning and success. Students will need continuous (daily) access to the study, using the resources mentioned above, and to submit and receive assignments.
Program taught in: