The BCom degree gives a broad, but solid educational foundation to students in various modules, like banking, economics, accounting, business management, finance, etc. Its purpose is to provide a broad but solid educational foundation to students in the field of commerce, including various key discipline areas such as business management, accounting, and law. Besides that, students can choose a specific Major that they would like to specialize in.
The qualification was designed to provide the knowledge base, practical competence and application skills that will enable students to either enter the labor market or to pursue further studies in their majors.
- Principles of Accounting
- Introduction to Business Management
- Introduction to Business Studies
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Regulation and Compliance in the Banking Industry
- Economics 1B
- Accounting 1B
- Business Law
- Introduction to Retail Banking
- Economics 2A
- Banking 2A
- Marketing Management Practice
- Business Management 2B
- Banking 2B
- Financial Management 1
- Business Management 3A
- Economics 3A
- Banking 3A (Semester 1 only)
- Risk Management
- Banking 3B
- Banking 3C
- Financial Management 2
- Sales and Marketing Strategy
- 2 modules per semester for employed students
- 3 modules per semester for unemployed students.
Some of the modules on this programme (eg. Finance) are of a technical nature and require intensive study.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 11, 2018