The ASIT requires the successful completion of 60 credit hours of instruction at the lower level (freshman and sophomore years).
The ASIT places a strong emphasis on General Education courses that will provide a foundation for entry to the BSIT program. General Education courses are designed to broaden a student’s educational foundation. They include courses in such areas as communications, English, government, history, psychology, sociology, mathematics, and statistics.
A student must complete at least 15 credit hours in General Education to receive an ASIT degree. A student must also complete 18 credit hours in Information Technology core courses. The remaining credit hours consist of elective courses.
ASIT Program Objectives
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Utilize information technology knowledge in common business functions to make processes more effective and efficient
- Demonstrate competencies in the management of information systems
- Define and identify the challenges for information security in organizations and evaluate new solutions to improve security
ASIT Core Courses
- CST 110 Management Information Systems
- CST 120 Program Logic and Design
- CST 125 Internet and Web Programming
- CST 210 Data Communications
- CST 215 Security Implementation and Management
About the School
The University of Management and Technology (UMT) was established in Arlington, Virginia in January 1998. UMT is chartered by the State Council of Higher Education of Virginia (SCHEV) and accredited b ... Read More