The Advanced Security Practitioner Certificate is for the IT professional who is looking to gain special skills and credentials that will allow advancement into the world of Cyber Security. Advanced concepts and strategies are covered, which encompass the entire network and build on the concepts presented in our Cisco Certificate. Students who successfully complete this program and meet the objectives will have a solid foundation for work in a cyber-security or information assurance centered career.
This program is also ideal for those who have completed our CompTIA and Cisco Certificate.
Advanced Security Practitioner – Program Overview
Students who successfully complete this certificate will be able to:
- Distinguish which cryptographic tools and techniques are appropriate for a given situation
- Explain the security implications of enterprise storage
- Explain the importance of application security
- Analyze the security risk implications associated with business decisions
- Implement security and privacy policies and procedures based on organizational requirements
- Carry out relevant analysis for the purpose of securing the enterprise
- Explain advanced authentication tools, techniques, and concepts
- Adapt solutions to address emerging threats and security trends
- Use judgment to solve difficult problems that do not have the best solution
- Support legal compliance and advocacy by partnering with HR, legal, management, and other entities
What Courses will I take?
The following courses are included in the Advanced Security Practitioner Certificate certificate. You will progress through the program through a series of detailed and engaging video lessons and assessments through the OnlineExpert platform from LearnKey. This ASP Certificate has a total of 13 credits.
||CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) Part I
||6 Credit Hours
||CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) Part II
||7 Credit Hours
Employment of information security analysts is projected to grow 18 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. Demand for information security analysts is expected to be very high. Cyber attacks have grown in frequency, and analysts will be needed to come up with innovative solutions to prevent hackers from stealing critical information or creating problems for computer networks.
You could find opportunities to utilize the Advanced Security Practitioner certificate in the following settings:
- Customer service
- Computer/software companies
The median annual wage for information security analysts was $90,120 in May 2015. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $51,280, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $143,770. **This information is based on obtaining a bachelor’s degree in an information security related field.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Information Security Analysts, on the Internet at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/information-security-analysts.htm (visited March 16, 2017).
Tuition & Fees
The total price for the Brighton College Cisco Certificate is $3,230.
|Total Sales Price
- Full Payment Plan: Pay in full for a total program price of $2,930. Save $300!
- Private Student Loan: Finance your education with low down payments and customized terms!
All academic and financial obligations to the school must be made prior to the release of final transcripts and diploma.
The programs at Brighton College are approved for Veteran’s benefits. Brighton College also works with many employers’ Tuition Reimbursement programs as well as various Workforce Development and Vocational Rehabilitation programs. To find out if you qualify for these programs, call our office at 1.800.354.1254 for more information.
Brighton College is dedicated to assisting you with your job search. Below are just a few ways we work to ensure that as a graduate, you are positioned to take the next step toward achieving your career goals.
Specialized Career Course
As a Brighton College graduate, you will have the option to take a course that focuses on career information and prepares you for your job search. Learn important skills such as networking, career management, and building interpersonal relationships.
One-On-One Cover Letter Assistance
You will learn how to build and design effective cover letters and follow-up letters. In addition, we will show specific examples.
You will learn interview techniques and tips on how to answer the most commonly asked questions.
Program taught in: