This full new specification A Level course can be completed from home at your own pace from anywhere in the world. Students can enrol anytime 365 days a year and once registered can be studying within days. No set term times and no enrolment dates.
This specification is designed to:
- Develop candidates' understanding of English Literature.
- Draw on their experiences at GCSE as well as offering a secure foundation for the study of English beyond A-level
- Develop interest in and enjoyment of independent reading
- Develop personal responses as critics of both literary and non-literary texts
- Qualification: A Level English Literature
- Accredited: Yes
- QCF Recognised: Yes
- Awarding Body: Edexcel
- Start Date: Anytime - We enrol 365 days a year
- Duration: Flexible - Approx 700 Hours - 2 years support U
- CAS Points: Dependant on Grades
Component 1: Drama
- William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night
- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest
- William Shakespeare, Shakespeare: A Critical Anthology - Comedy (This Edexcel publication is only available from your exam centre and you should ask your exams officer to order one in for you when you register for your exams.
Component 2: Prose
- Mary Shelley, Frankenstein
- Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale
Component 3: Poetry
- T. S. Eliot, Selected Poems (Faber, 2009) ISBN 9780571247059 (This is the 80th Anniversary Edition of an attractive hardcover.)
- William Sieghart, ed., Poems of the Decade: An Anthology of the Forward Books of Poetry 2002–2011 (Faber and Faber, 2015)
- Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights
- Angela Carter, The Bloody Chamber
Minimum of GCSE grade C or above.
Course duration will vary dependant on student commitment, effort and ability. Overall guided learning hours are approx 700. This should be used as a guideline only and completion times will vary hugely.We would encourage students to seriously consider how they plan to complete their chosen course prior to enrolment. Students should think about how they are going to study, where they are going to study and how often. Be realistic!
Speak to family members and help them to understand what you are trying to achieve, explain you may require peace and space to study at certain times. The more you involve them the more likely you are to get them on your side. Students are reminded that the time in which they complete is purely down to them as an individual.
Students are able to select how they wish to study.
- Paper-based: Receive your course pack in the post in hard copy and correspond directly with your tutor via email.
- Online: Access our premium online cloud-based learning system where you are able to access all of your course lessons, assignments and tutor correspondence in one place. Download the APP and access your course information on any device from anywhere in the world with an internet signal. Whichever way you choose to study is up to you!
This school offers programs in: