This course covers the brand new spec introduced in September 2015 and has been designed to provide students with an understanding of the following: how businesses work; how the world around them affects decision-making within a business; what leads to change and how businesses respond to these issues; and the range of perspectives that can be taken on business activities.
It also helps develop a range of important and transferable skills: data skills; presenting arguments and making recommendations on the basis of the available evidence; and problem-solving. Business studies is a contemporary and “real world” subject. Business studies students can benefit greatly from drawing on the experience of employment, experience as consumers and what they see in the media.
- Qualification: A Level Business Studies (9BBO)
- Accredited: Yes
- QCF Recognised: Yes
- Awarding Body: Edexcel
- Start Date: Anytime - We enrol 365 days a year
- Duration: Flexible - Approx 700 Hours - 2 years support
- UCAS Points: Dependant on Grades
Theme 1: Marketing and people
- Meeting customer needs
- The market
- Marketing mix and strategy
- Managing people
- Entrepreneurs and leaders
Theme 2: Managing business activities
- Raising finance
- Financial planning
- Managing finance
- Resource management
- External influence
Theme 3: Business decisions and strategy
- Business objectives and strategies
- Business growth
- Decision-making techniques
- Influences on business decisions
- Assessing competitiveness
- Managing change
Theme 4: Global business
- Global markets and business expansion
- Global marketing
- Global industries and companies (multinational corporations)
Course duration will vary dependant on student commitment, effort and ability. Overall guided learning hours are approx 700. This should be used as a guideline only and completion times will vary hugely.We would encourage students to seriously consider how they plan to complete their chosen course prior to enrolment. Students should think about how they are going to study, where they are going to study and how often. Be realistic!
Speak to family members and help them to understand what you are trying to achieve, explain you may require peace and space to study at certain times. The more you involve them the more likely you are to get them on your side. Students are reminded that the time in which they complete is purely down to them as an individual.
Coursework completion can be as quickly or as slowly as you wish within the tuition period, however, examination dates are not flexible and are set by the awarding body. If you require additional time to complete an extension may be available. Extensions are arranged at an additional cost as and when needed
Students are able to select how they wish to study.
- Paper-based: Receive your course pack in the post in hard copy and correspond directly with your tutor via email.
- Online: Access our premium online cloud-based learning system where you are able to access all of your course lessons, assignments and tutor correspondence in one place. Download the APP and access your course information on any device from anywhere in the world with an internet signal. Whichever way you choose to study is up to you!
Program taught in: